+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    What about this one? It's small and cheap not sure about what it's supposed to have in it though.
    Depends on what you are going to use it for, its a small computer but ask if the Ram is up gradeable. If you can add Ram sticks to it then it would be fine because you can always expand the memory.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 15"6 Acer Aspire. It has a 500gb hard drive and 2gb of ram but it's upgradable to 8. It also has a DVD rom drive and inbuilt wireless so u can use it with your wi-fi Internet. It cost me $450 from **** smith electronics

The only thing I have noticed about the netbooks is that they don't have the DVD rom drives and most don't have the unbuilt wireless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The only thing I have noticed about the netbooks is that they don't have the DVD rom drives and most don't have the unbuilt wireless.
    Netbooks have inbuilt wireless. I have an acer, msi and a samsung one and they all have the inbuilt wireless. I thought it would be pretty standard?
    I don't think netbooks are worth it though considering you can buy an actual laptop for not much more these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm thinking I'd rather a notebook then a NetBook. But still want to spend under $500. I definitely want a cd part, USB part, be small and light and wireless modem as I'll have wifi with my Internet plan at home. I'll go shopping for one soon, any brands I should steer clear off? Thanks for everyone's help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Personally i would steer clear of Acer at all cost. My acer PC had to be completely rebuilt within the first 6 months of warranty. It was constantly going back even after that to have bits and pieces replaced Out of warranty i had it rebuilt again and eventually just gave up on it.

The first netbook i bought was an acer as well. The motherboard died pretty early on. It would have cost more to replace the motherboard then it would have to buy a new netbook.

Plenty of people have told me to steer clear of acer as the above examples are apparently quite common.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I'll steal clear if acer.

Opposite question lol what brands would you recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gotta say I love acer, I still have the one I bought in 2005 and works perfectly. I just bought a new one earlier this year and I was about $450 and it's amazing :-)

But, like with everything, ppl have their fave brands :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Look up msy.com.au
    They have stores all over Australia. They are the cheapest place to buy computers and parts. They have several notebooks for under $500

Sent from my GT540 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Berrie View Post
    I bought an asus from **** Smith for $350ish a few months ago. It's 2gb so it's faster than most netbooks and it's battery life is around 7-8 hours. I love it
    Sounds like the same one i have.. Its an asus, bought it about 4 months ago from dicksmiths, no dramas as yet!! All i do on it is browse websites, download journal articles and write word docs (essays) for uni, so doesnt need alot of memory etc... If you get a small pc just dont be tempted to put any music or photos on it and it should run fine

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub