+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What was/is your progesterone level in early pregnancy??

Hi,

I am 5 weeks pregnant. My first beta at 15DPO had HCG of 49 and Prog at 25. 2nd at 18DPO had HCG at 250 and Prog at 27, 3rd at 25DPO has HCG at 4000 and progesterone dropped to 21.

I see conflicting messages everywhere, some clinics want you to be over 11, some over 20, some over 30. I have noticed that some women have progesterone levels in the hundreds.

I don't really have many PG symptoms other than super sore boobs and the occasional afternoon (morning) seediness. And today I am super exhausted tired. I am not due for another BT until Monday morning but I need some more supplies for my clexane injections so I think i might slip in and have a sneaky BT tomorrow.

Just wondering what everyone else is at.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci- If it's any reassurance my clinic didn't even measure progesterone when I got my BFP as my FS doesn't believe it's at all helpful. The only thing he was interested in is rising HcG and your numbers look good.
    Best wishes

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 4 weeks, my beta HCG was 385, progesterone 90.
    At 5 weeks, my beta HCG was 6876, progesterone 135.
    At 6 weeks, my beta HCG was 40000, progesterone 120.
    At 8 weeks, my beta HCG was 114365, progesterone 145.

I've been a sucker for levels all throughout TTC so I hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci
    I have been on an early pregnancy montitoring scheme for my pregnancy. The clinic (Genea) told me they wanted to see progesterone between 5 and 30 and I think these were the levels that were appropriate right up until 12 weeks.

My levels would not be a good comparison as I was on progesterone support, probably not wise to compare at any rate but oh so hard not to do. What I can tell you though, is that my levels fluctuated - up and down. One nurse told me that it can depend on when you ate last too. Pretty interesting stuff but nerve racking when it is your own levels you are looking at and worrying able that little life that grows within. Hope and pray all goes along beautifully for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebecci

These were mine. I didn't have prog support at all. 7 week scan fine but had spotting at 6 weeks and a few days.

4 weeks - > 300
    6 weeks - 280

Progesterone levels tend to fluctuate a lot - from day to day and also with food and so on. I think that's why the clinics tend to focus on hcgs more than prog once your baseline prog level is above their cut off.

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Grebecci

These were mine.

12dp5dt (17DPO) HCG 701 Progesterone 162
    19dp5dt (24DPO) HCG 7580 Progesterone 223.1

I am on progesterone pessaries as well.

I've never asked about my progesterone before. The only reason I did was because I had a progesterone level of 27 in my last pregnancy and I was told it was 'OK'. I had to up my progesterone pessaries and have another BT in 2 days. My progesteron went up to 37 but that pregnancy turned into a blighted ovum. So this time I'm a little more paranoid which is why I asked for my progesterone levels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - I remember following your story some time ago on BH, I remember when you got your BFP in 2010. I'm so sorry to see that didn't work out for you and that you are still going. Hang in there. Which Genea clinic are you at?

They do have me on progesterone pessaries now which will hopefully make it go back up again. Resisted the urge to go in for another BT this week, will wait until Monday and count down until our scan on the 29/5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grebbeci- I remembered you too! I don't visit bubhub much anymore but stop in occassionally and have a peek. When I saw your name I had to reply. I am so glad you are on progesterone support. I provided me with some extra confidence and was a great reassurance with my current pregnancy. Yes, I am happily 14 weeks pregnant and oh so very grateful. It looks like we have success after 6 miscarriages. I gave up on IVF in December 2010 as it was. Too emotionally draining for me. It was such a difficult process as you would well know. I knew it was the right time for me to stop IVF . I had several conceptions and subsequent miscarriages during 2011. I went to see FS (dr. Woolcott at Genea Newcastle) for advice as I had most of my fertility treatment through him. His recommendation was that I continue to try naturally and agreed to put me on early pregnancy monitoring program and include progesterone support. And you know how EVERYONE offers advice on what to do to improve chances, a dear and respected friend suggested i drink apple cider vinegar in a glass of water daily. Oldwives tales! Anyway, who knows what helps or makes the difference but i do know that i conceived the very month i started drink the ACV!! And this little one seems very happy and at home in my urterus!

Hope all goes beautifully with your blood tests and your scan. I cried with anxiety at my 8 week scan and with joy at 10wk and 12wk! I sincerely hope you see a beautiful little blob with a flickering heartbeat at your scan. It is so hard not to stress but try to focus on each positive result you have. I had to remind myself that all looks good time and time again.I will wait in anticipation to hear of great results on Monday!