+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default any positives save our sleep

I have read people saying negative things about save our sleep but has anyone had SUCCESS with the book?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep each to their own I say.

We used the routines, and the sleep solutions in our own way.
    I used it they way I wanted. If something didn't sit right with me, I didn't do it. Simple.

Once starting SOS our DD became a settled happy baby that enjoys her awake time, but even better actually goes to bed SMILING!
    She puts herself to sleep, there is no stress, no screaming. we put her in her cot, she grabs a blanket snuggles in and off to sleep.

She has slept through the night since 10-12 wks, if she wakes in the night, I go in, check she is ok, chuck the dummy in (they suggest not using one, but I do) and off she goes back to sleep.

I never have to feed to sleep, hardly ever have to rock her (only if she is having a bad night) and the best thing is, when we are out eg. Friends house etc. I lay her in her pram, give her dummy and blanket to snuggle and she goes to sleep ALL BY HERSELF! It really has helped us ALOT!

HTH

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

Misheycat  (17-05-2012),RubySunrise  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    My bubba puts himself to sleep no fuss and was sleeping 7am-7pm with a dreamfeed at 10pm. He's just started waking earlier in the mornings so I'm going through the checklist trying to rectify that. The routines have been useful in giving sanity back to our house, but you do sometimes have to use your own judgment (ie I follow it 90%, not 100).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another one here! We started SOS at 6 weeks.
    And because I'm a person who needs structure and routine, I pretty much followed everything to the letter.
    From then, DD slept 12 hours with hardly any fuss.
    There has been only about 5 times where she has taken a bit longer to get to sleep and that's only because she had wind, or she was really over tired and one time because she was sick.
    Apart from that, she's been perfect on SOS. It really works for us and DD will be 10 months next week.
    I would be lost without SOS

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you feel uncomfortable with SOS, I've heard the Ferber method is good and it sounds like it has some similarities.
    From what I've heard there is a certain age where it is expected that babies will need to get up during the night but I can't remember what it was or the reason, I think it had to do with when they had to feed regularly? Clearly I haven't got a crying baby yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    People will find negatives with anything and everything.

I have the SOS book from when my first child was born and I just took useful things from the book and used my common sense what wouldn't/didn't work for us. My daughter was sleeping through from 4-months which IMO was pure luck (my 10-month old son doesn't sleep through and I do similar things to my first, he just doesn't like sleeping as much haha).

Each to their own, don't let the mummy brigade sway you

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI there

I found the suggested daily routines really helpful....I didn't stick to them religiously but it gave me a framework to parent within, and followed my twins cues within that framework. With twins I found that the routine gave me some structure and order to the day.

I didn't use the sleep training techniques (that may not be the right word).

I took from the book what I liked and what works, and left the rest.