View Poll Results: When did you stop BFing completely?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Before 8 months

0 0%
  • Between 8 & 10 months

4 18.18%
  • Between 10 & 12 months

3 13.64%
  • Between 12 & 15 months

7 31.82%
  • Between 15 & 18 months

3 13.64%
  • Between 18 & 24 months (2 years)

4 18.18%
  • Between 2 & 3 years of age

4 18.18%
  • After 3 years of age

3 13.64%
  • Other

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you BF past 6 months, when did you stop?

For those of you who did BF (fully, partially, via EBM, etc) when did you stop completely?

I've been BFing my dd for 7.5 months now and I'm wondering when other mums stop. I stopped at 12 months last time cause I was going back to full time work, but I was wanting to stop anyway by then. I'm not sure how long I'll BF my dd for, at the moment, I can't see it being in the near future .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Still going at 14.5 months. It it's only 2-3 times a day now. I will prob have to stop soon as we are going to ttc soon. Also don't want to. E feeding while preggers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    DS was two-and-a-half. I wanted to wait until he self-weaned but I do have a couple of back issues and he liked to feed to sleep from day 1 and would sleep on my lap for ages, it was getting a bit much for my poor back.

It was quite beautiful really. In the end he'd feed only first thing in the morning. One morning he came in and asked for 'boo boo' and I just said lets go and have a special breakfast together. That was it No tears, nobody was upset (although I did grieve a little bit later), no tantrums..just a nice breakfast to celebrate.

If I have another bub, I want to breastfeed him/her until age 3 yo... depending on size of course (my back).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

nicoletta  (17-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped feeding DD on the day after her third birthday.

I returned to p/t work after 12 months and was well and truly ready to stop by 18 months - 2 years. I was also however waiting for her to self wean ( using the don't offer, don't refuse technique- it didn't work). DD was very attached to feeding and in the end, she needed some gentle persuasion to stop, she was old enough to understand by then and we talked a lot about it and did a countdown to D- Day.

DS is now 5 months, not sure how long we will feed for, hopefully to somewhere btwn 1 to 2 years. I'm not ready to set an arbitrary age on our bf relationship just yet, we'll see how it goes.

I will be going back to p/t work when he is 11 months old but will keep feeding for as long as we are both happy to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped feeding DD1 when she was around 14 months. She was waking up 6 or more times overnight and using the breast to comfort herself back to sleep. I felt she was getting enough nutrition from other sources so I decided to wean her for my own sanity. I expect I'll feed DD2 til around 12 months. Personally that's long enough for me and I enjoy getting my body back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first self-weaned at about 14 months when I was 11 weeks pregnant.
    My second weaned with my encouragement at 2y4m.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD I stopped BFing at about 9-10 months as I had to wean because my endometriosis had come back with a vengeance and I needed to go on the pill and take pretty hard core pain medication.

My DS self weaned at 14 months (we did the don't offer, don't refuse thing, and he never asked for it again!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS self weaned at 7months (actually 6 months but I dragged it out for another month until he was smacking my chest and throwing himself away from the nipple at 7 months when I revealed the dreaded breast :rollseyes.

DD.still going strong at 9 months and I plan to feed her until 18-24 months or whenever she self weans.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 had her last feed at 14.5 months, DD2 at 16.5 months. Both times I was pregnant and actively encouraged them to wean.
    DS is 6 months now and still fully BF. I think 18 months will be my limit. By then it will be almost 6 years straight of being pregnant and breastfeeding (or both!).
    I want my body back, lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I replied 12-15 months for number 1 (13 months, weaning her choice)

and 'other' as I am still feeding DD2 2yrs 2 months