+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby chiropractor

Has anyone been to one?
    What was your babys issue and was it sorted?
    My baby doesn't sleep well and wot be put down without screaming. Have been told a chiropractor could help with this?would be dream come true to have more sleep but want to hear some real stories first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took DD to a chiropractor from about 5 months due to refulx and sleep issues. I highly recommend it - DD always had the best night's sleep after going, and her reflux pretty much disappeared.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BBL, short answer yes we did, it was wonderful, never regretted it (it was an infant chiro, NOT a bone-cracker, sports injury type chiro)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took 11week old DS to a baby chiro yesterday for colic issues. He had the best nights sleep last night and has another appointment next Tuesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking ds to chiro since about 6weeks he is now 2 originally for sleep issues turns out he had a very stiff neck so wasn't comfortable when put down to sleep and we always have him adjusted after vaccinations as they can really tense up a babies body.
    I don't think it's hurt to see a chiro unfortunately bubs are unable to let us know if they have a sore neck or back or a head ache

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD1 had a flat head and colic. We took her to a chiro and he found that her neck was misaligned which is why she had the flat head. He sorted that out and her flat spot rounded up within weeks. The colic got a bit better but she has always been quite clingy and high strung, even now, so I have to wonder if her colic was more just her personality, lol.
    I highly recommend chiropractic care for babies. DD2 saw a chiro at 4 days old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't heard much about baby chiro's, but baby osteo's have come highly recommended.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OK i'm back DD2 was really unsettled as a wee bub, the 1st 2 months were a nightmare of lack of minimum sleep and maximum vomit. Took her to the chiro who sorted out both problems, then later (maybe 6 months) we went back for an obviously tilted head (fixed straight away) and also for feeding issues/lack of weight gain/ not taking to solids/terrible sleep patterns. That continued for a while, she was great after an adjustment but then would slip back a bit, so we kept going back for 3 months or so. She just came good at about 10months. Now we just go occasionally when she is out of sorts for a while with no obvious reason.

If you live in melb I can recommend my chiro in the CBD, but if you are looking around look for an infant chiro or a sacro-occipital chiro (google it) or an osteopath. We had such dramatic results i think chiros should be mandatory for all newborns *hops down off soap box*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow thanks for the replies im definitely going to take ds. If they can make him sleep more than 2-3 hours at night i will be amazed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another big fan of baby chiro. Both my DSs have been and I think it has helped immensely. Both boys had tongue ties, feeding and sleeping issues and things improved after they started having adjustments. Not sure what type of delivery you had but DS2 was an extremely quick birth ( 2nd stage was 9 mins) and the chiro has said that his neck and the back of his skull was jarred due to his birth, hence why he was not comfortable lying for long periods of time. Best of luck