+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wasn't sure where to put this - Failed Tubal Ligation?????? HELP HELP HELP Please!!!!

Ok here goes - I was 25 when I had my last child (2010) so 2 years ago - during the cesarean I had a tubal ligation done - I regretted it the moment I got home and have ever since - even DH has said he has too So now I'm sitting here so confused - AF is 5 days late, I've been sooooo tired the last 2 weeks, last 3 days constant nausea, headaches, dizziness, heartburn - not bad just a little uncomfortable, clear watery discharge (heaps - sorry TMI), Moody - Cry over nothing, constant trips to the bathroom and can't sleep. These are all the symptoms I got with my pregnancies - except I don't have sore BB's.

So this morning a silly thought popped into my head and I googled - apparently it's possible for the tubes to grow back together???? And it's even more common given that I was young and it was done during a cesarean.

I AM FREAKING OUT - I would want this soooooo much but I just can't believe that this could even happen, how could it ever even be a possibility????

So any ideas???? Thoughts???? Anything?????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do a test.

It happened to an ex-employee of mine.

VV That's her.

"One of the other women already had four children when she had her tubes tied in October 2002. In March 2004, she gave birth to a son with a heart condition and extreme eczema, and who has continuing medical problems.She was refused ACC cover, joining more than 70 women whose claims for a failed tubal ligation were declined between 1992 and 2003. The operation is believed to have a failure rate of less than 1 per cent."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/heal...n-get-pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear

But mine was in 2010 so surely they would have changed their practices/ways of doing it (although I did have a fairy dodgy doctor )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Get a test, put yourself at ease. It's unlikely, but most definitely possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh wow... good luck xx

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My ex's monster had one done and fell pregnant a few years after.
    Always possible, do a test

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Failed ligation here!

Hi there, I am pregnant now due to a failed Tubal Ligation. We will be having baby number 4 in 3 weeks! It can happen... I only had my surgery in Feb of last year after my daughter was born and got pregnant straight after stopping breastfeeding.

Hope it all turned out ok for you.