+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    You're too funny ...I agree early wake ups can be part of being a parent ... But if your baby is capable of sleeping to 7am with a teeny tiny bit of help then why wouldn't you want to aim for that? Do you want to have a baby that wakes at a sparrows fart? Is waking early like a badge of honor to you or are you just jelous of women with babies that sleep through?
    Whatever works I guess. In our house though, weekend or not, 7am is too late for the day to start. We start our days at 5.45am weekdays getting ready for school, daycare and work and on the weekends early rising has become the norm, just something we have got accustomed to since having the kids and dont miss those sleepins. Both kids are in bed and asleep by 7pm so they get adequate sleep. This morning for example I was out enjoying the gorgeous mornings, fresh air and birds whistling while I pushed bub in the pram and ds1 rode his bike, we walked for an hour and a half starting at 6.30. Love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter is 2 and we never get up before 7:30am, until she was 15months we were never up before 8:30, it completely depends on your lifestyle and what is "acceptable" for your life/house

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Auntyamber For This Useful Post:

RubySunrise  (22-05-2012),SugarSkull  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son has always been an early riser and no amount of sleep training or environmental changes made a difference for us. Tried everything. I think some kids just need less sleep. Its horrible at 5 am and i feel your pain. I don't think its about what's acceptable in a household, its just what sleep kids need and it can go in stages. Sometimes Toby sleeps a bit later, after 6am! Other times not.
    I now try to think positively about it and just try to enjoy the quiet time alone with him.
    Good luck with anything you try!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have never done bed before 8:30 to 10pm though as we are night time people

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Auntyamber For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree that some kids are early risers, if DS sleeps till 6am I'm over the moon. I remember 10 months was a particularly awful time and he would often start his day at 4am, or sometimes earlier. I think that 3.30/4am is the toughest time of the day, you just want more than anything to crawl back into bed. He just grew out of it himself and on our recent holiday was able to be easily resettled by DH till 6.45 a few mornings, OMG that was heaven!!

I'm used to 5am wakeups now and go to bed at 9pm to make up for it. Agree with Elle&Sam to try blackout curtains, etc. We have actually put boards over DS's windows and thumbtacked the edges of the curtains to the wall - seems extreme but in summer the tiniest chink of light would wake him up.

If your bub isn't a big eater (mine isn't either), focus on protein and carbs to fill him up. Maybe just try a few other things - is the meat chewy or stringy? Would he eat more with a bit of mayonnaise or tomato sauce or even yoghurt on the food? How about other types of food like lentils or tofu? DS ate tofu and noodles for dinner last night (avoided all the vegies), and slept like a champ for 11 hours straight.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just to give you an update on our wee boy's progress.

We kept up the extra feeding and he's been super the past few days

Yesterday he slept through to 6:30 and today 6:50! He's also sleeping better during the day too.

He's also eating better after we tweaked a few things at meal times (different post).

Im guessing he's either getting closer to his "ideal" weight, or the extra solids is helping... perhaps a combination of both.

So (touching wood) he's sleeping better and eating better... We cant be happier.

Thanks to all the positive feedback and advice... extremely valuable!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Woohoo! That's fantastic = )

Happy dance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Jilm View Post
    Hi all,

Just to give you an update on our wee boy's progress.

We kept up the extra feeding and he's been super the past few days

Yesterday he slept through to 6:30 and today 6:50! He's also sleeping better during the day too.

He's also eating better after we tweaked a few things at meal times (different post).

Im guessing he's either getting closer to his "ideal" weight, or the extra solids is helping... perhaps a combination of both.

So (touching wood) he's sleeping better and eating better... We cant be happier.

Thanks to all the positive feedback and advice... extremely valuable!

That's great news, I'm glad he's eating better, and is sleeping better as a result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Whatever works I guess. In our house though, weekend or not, 7am is too late for the day to start. We start our days at 5.45am weekdays getting ready for school, daycare and work and on the weekends early rising has become the norm, just something we have got accustomed to since having the kids and dont miss those sleepins. Both kids are in bed and asleep by 7pm so they get adequate sleep. This morning for example I was out enjoying the gorgeous mornings, fresh air and birds whistling while I pushed bub in the pram and ds1 rode his bike, we walked for an hour and a half starting at 6.30. Love it!
    The morning walk sounds lovely and relaxing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good onya big jilm! Fingers crossed the later sleeps continue!