+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking getting rid of the belly

Ive had 2 kids in 2 years. My first was 10pound 5oz, the second 11pound 4oz. Both delivered by c-section. As a result my belly was very stretched and now I am left with what seems like a sack of belly! the rest of my body has gone back to pre-pregnancy size but I was wondering does anyone have any tips on how to cut down on my belly sack! I am livingon one income so expensive wraps and treatments are not an option. can anyone help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to know too - my 2nd is due Tuesday by C section and I am terrified of what's going to be left once it's all over!

I don't think wraps and weird treatments are the answer - just exercise and lots of it, diet and frustratingly time.

I have watched a few YouTube videos about p90x which is an exercise program and a few of the women are repeat c section mums with awesome results.

Im already wishing myself six or so months from here so I can get started.

That being said if you google this question (I did) a lot of people will say that in some circumstances the only option is surgery.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Certain exercises can help strengthen and tone the area, but as far as I'm aware surgery is the only option to remove that excess skin. I wouldn't waste any money on wraps.

After I lost my baby weight from DS3 I also had a little paunch of belly and fat left over, no amount of dieting would get rid of it. I imagine it will still be there once I lose the baby weight from DD! And I intend to have surgery at some point to fix it up .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As pps have said diet and exercise will help but only so far in some cases. Op you said the rest of your body is back to pre bub weight so I'm assuming your already doing what you can. I think the baby belly issue for some women is a lot like people who lose weight very quickly and are left with flaps of skin (though mostly not as bad) surgery is in those cases the only option though I wouldn't do it unless I was 100% without a doubt done having kids forever.
    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends if it is fat or loose skin. You can diet and exercise if it just extra weight you want to lose but loose skin can only be repaired by surgery.
    I've lost the weight on my belly but the skin is thin and loose (you can pull it like dough) and my stomach muscle is separated quite badly which causes my belly to look bloated. These are things only surgery will fix and because of this it is partly covered by medicare.