+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mother and brother had been insisting that I would look great with curly hair and finally (when I was 13) talked me into getting a perm. Whilst it was being done, I felt really ill due to the smell of the chemicals, and ended up with chemical burns on my forehead. Also, a week later it had all fallen out and my hair was dead straight again.

===========================================

I was never happy with blonde hair, and always wanted black hair ... but knew it wouldn't suit my complexion. As a teenager, I finally decided to dye my hair brown, so went to the chemist and asked for assistance. The lady at the chemist picked out a packet labelled "chestnut brown" and the picture on it looked great. She also told me that if I didn't like it, then I could just wash my hair a dozen times and it would come right out.

So I took it home and followed the directions ... and my hair turned bright crimson - obviously not a natural colour at all.

My mother fixed it by getting me to put two bottles of "medium ash brown" on top, which toned it back to a more acceptable auburn. I had to repeat dying with the medium ash brown every month until two years later it had grown out enough that I could get it cut off. (So much for being able to wash it out if I didn't like it.)
    Last edited by sweetseven; 22-04-2013 at 23:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the olden days when I used to party and drink, I went to the hairdressers one morning after a particularly big night. I was sitting there after getting the usual foils/roots done when all of a sudden my head started burning like someone poured acid on it. All the girls in the salon raced over with special spray to stop the burning - it was like a scene out of ER! Thankfully it was all ok with no lasting damage, but I learnt a very painful lesson about alcohol consumption and hair dye! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nudge88 View Post
    When I was at uni, I went to the hairdresser on campus for my usual blonde foils. A few minutes after applying the hydrogen peroxide, my head got really warm and started stinging. I said to the girl hat it was starting to hurt. She said 'yeah, it can sting a bit, especially if you've never had it before'. I said that I got foils all the time and it has never hurt before. A few more minutes, and the pain was agonising, I screamed it her to get it off. She washed it out and I had terrible chemical burns on my scalp and some of my hair had fallen out. The burns were so deep and wide I could put my fingertips in them. They charged me full price and because I was only 17, I never went back and complained.

A friend of a friend was a hairdresser and over a few weeks coloured my hair from dark brown to platinum blonde. He failed to mention that dying your hair blonde also ruins it. All my hair became brittle and snapped off. I went from having beautiful, thick curly hair to a mangy frizzy mess. Four years later and the last of the blonde has finally grown out and I will never colour my hair again.
    Oh dear this sounds awful 😞 I'm so sorry you went through that, it must've really hurt. Cannot believe they still charged you, that's just crap. And then with the hair snapping off - I'd defo stay away from dye too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post
    I went to the hairdresser for a perm, as I wanted large bouncy curls in my hair. I ended up with jheri curls - the curls were tight and small and the hairdresser kept insisting the curls would drop. The never did and the curls were horrible until they grew out

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub
    Me too! Except when they did a trim, um, no they didnt trim. They chopped it short so i had a short, blonde afro for a while

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Last hair cut: guy washes my hair then parts it down the middle and goes to cut it. I told him I part my hair on the side. He says yes, but we part it in the middle to cut it. Trust me he said. So at the end when I part it on the side one side is shorter and the other side has a layer. Haven't been back there.

Hair dressers on here: that's not right is it??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    One time my scalp got burnt, I ended up having all these blisters, it hurt so much and they would pop and ooze fluid. It was SO gross! Ew!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    After having black hair for a while, I wanted to go blonde.

I went to a hairdressers recommended by some friends and told them I was planning on going blonde but would be happy with a mid/dark brown and slowly work down to blonde over time.

Chose the colour that I was happy with and all was sweet. The hd was going to give it a quick bleach and put a colour over it. I walked out with disgusting bright orange hair and straight across the road for a home hair dye.

I had a pob for a while and needed a tidy up. My regular hd was booked out so I went somewhere else. She absolutely hacked at my hair and I ended up with really short hair sans pob.

Lesson learned: stick to your regular hairdresser!

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread is shocking, maybe us ladies should enquire about the hairdressers qualifications before we trust them to touch our crowning glory. I had a fab hairdresser at 19 who took 8 hours to perm my long hair a fantastic result but ever since my trust has been on a long and slippery slope.
    My worst experience was in New York where my boss took me to the most expensive one around, me being a quiet not outspoken person didn't protest when the colour had to be done twice and they charged me for both! $200 later I staggered out the door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's worth complaining. I was badly burnt by an incorrectly mixed perming solution when I was 23. Some of my hair fell out and you could clearly see the burned skin. I lodged a complaint, was told to bugger off, refund was refused. Typical bully tactics. I went to the local court, lodged a small claim (cost me about $40) and not only got my refund back but compensation for medical expenses, pain and discomfort and costs. And you know, thinking about it now I have just realised that even though that was a one off experience, I still won't go to a hairdresser until really pushed (eg. attending a wedding and have to have it up or something).

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an amazing hair dresser during high school (could still go there but I just do my own hair now lol) but at that salon there were two times that something horrible happened:
    - a different hair dresser to usual was cutting my hair and talking to my mum just after I had gotten my ear pierced (one of those top of the ear piercings) and ripped out my earring with the comb because he wasn't paying attention. (Poor guy was so shaken up by it though, blood everywhere)

- I lost a bet in year 12 and had to get a 'shaggy dog bowl cut' (which I actually really liked so wasn't bummed about) but instead THEY GAVE ME A JUSTIN BIEBER HAIR CUT D: needless to say I took to wearing hats and beanies for a while.

Sent from my talky stick