+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What has been your worst experience at the hairdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    I have been Hairdressing now for 7 years.
    Reading these stories is horrible!
    Clients are the one paying for the service and they are also the ones paying the hairdressers wage!!

I have never done a "hair disaster" that I'm awear of.
    But I have had clients return with something they weren't happy with, always I will fix it, no questions asked and never ever charge them!!
    I was always taught in my apprentichip that if I client isn't happy never charge and even once you have fixed it never charge.

Its not like it's the clients fault that there hair turned out crap!!

I have had many women come to me to fix what another hairdresser has done and it leaves me shocked at how some of these hairdressers can make the mistakes they do!

The biggest one I have delt with (and this was horrible) Was a lady called me and was crying on the phone asking if she could come in right away, I told her to come down and when she got to the salon I was nearly crying with her

This poor lady had hair extensions.. She had blonde hair and she said they left the bleach on for close to 2 hours as the hairdresser kept saying to her "it's still to yellow"

Any way they left it on for so long that the the bleach ate through the glue on all her hair extensions.. They tried to "fix" it but all of the extentions were matted beyond belief, some of hair hair had snapped from the roots and it was a mess.

Myself and another girl sat there for about 3-4 hours trying to get the extensions out and the knots out..
    the glue on the extensions seemed to melted and stuck to parts of her scalp. And no matter how much we tried to snap the glue or use all different types of glue removers they would not come out!
    She also had blisters all over her scalp due to the bleach being on for 2 hours.. So we were limited to what we could try.

In the end we had to cut all matted bits out and we asked her to go to her doctor because of the blisters and the hair extension glue being somehow fused to her scalp.

The doctor had a look and she was given cream ect for the chemical burns.
    The next day she came back to us and asked us to just cut the hair extensions out from the root as it was causing excessive ammounts of pain.
    We took photos of all of it for her as she wanted to take the matter with the other salon further..

We had to cut it all off

It turned out in the end that the other salon that did her hair tried to re-attach the hair extensions with Liquid Nails!!
    She was sent to a dermatologist to get the Liquid Nails off her scalp as most of it was stuck to the blisters that were healing and causing infections.

This other salon refused to refund her money back, and refused to pay her the cost of her hair extensions that they destroyed.

This lady didn't get anything back until months later and she had gotten legal action on it.

I still do that ladies hair now 3 years later, and we have become quite good friends (I'm a stay at home mum now but do quite a lot of my regular clients at home)

My clients mean the world to me.
    I would feel physically sick if I knew one was leaving unhappy.

It's so horrible to read some of your experiences!
    I agree. I also have been hairdressing for close to 10years! I myself have never had a major hair disaster with a client, but have seen alot aswell that we have fixed.
    It all comes down to training! Some salons rush their apprentices onto the floor just to make more money, an dont continue with extra training afterwards.
    At the end of the day I believe in quality and not quantity !! I too work from home now and I would rather tell a client I can't fit them in then, then try to squeeze and rush.
    They understand and appreciate that more.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: What has been your worst experience at the hairdresser?

Quote Originally Posted by NatV View Post
    I went to the hairdresser for a perm, as I wanted large bouncy curls in my hair. I ended up with jheri curls - the curls were tight and small and the hairdresser kept insisting the curls would drop. The never did and the curls were horrible until they grew out

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub
    This is EXACTLY what happened to me. It was awful and I was only 14!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have had a hairdresser cut off my eyebrows. She went to cut my fringe and rather than lifting it off my face and trimming, she cut with the hair and scissors against my face and yep, there went my eyebrows too.

Unfortunately I didn't realise until after I had paid when my sister told me that half my eyebrows were missing!

Suffice to say, never went back there again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My worst experience was nothing to do with a bad haircut. I had t sit there and endure hours of the hairdressers discussing what they use Skype for (and it wasn't to chat...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

About a month after I had dd1, DH shouted me a trip to the hairdresser to be pampered. I picked a really nice colour, and because my hair is so dark naturally, the hairdresser said it won't change a lot, will just go a light-medium brown. Well. Somehow something went wrong and when the hairdresser washed the stuff out, all I hear is her go "oh!". Not something you want to hear from your hairdresser!! The silly woman had completely BLEACHED my hair!!!! Unfortunately it wasnt even a proper blonde bleach- my hair went bright orange withing a few hours!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

When I was 12 my now very curly hair was just a frizzy crinkly mess. The hairdresser suggested some sort of straightening cream treatment. They were going to put it all over but my mum suggested maybe trying just a patch at the front. Lucky she did because a few days later it all fell out! I had this tuft of fluff at the front.
    Now, 15 years later, that patch of hair is brittle and strange and doesn't grow very long. So thankful my mum was her pessimistic self that day

Sent from my LT26i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Worst experience was an okay cut - I went in to a local hair dresser and said can I just have a cut for $60. (I'd been up and down the street it was $80+ for a hair cut because everyone had a shampoo & blow dry included) I said look it's more than I want to pay but just cut it, I don't want a shampoo and blow dry.

They agreed. The person who was going to cut my hair declared it was too dry to cut without shampooing. Okay sure. Then she just went on and on about how dry my hair was, how awful my hair was, she even laughed as she looked at my stands, on and on asking me what I use, was mortified I use supermarket brands, etc etc etc It felt awful. I paid $60 to be treated like ****.

I actually refused to go to a 'nice' salon. I hated feeling like I didn't belong and had no right to be there. I just go to quick cuts type places.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Worst experience was an okay cut - I went in to a local hair dresser and said can I just have a cut for $60. (I'd been up and down the street it was $80+ for a hair cut because everyone had a shampoo & blow dry included) I said look it's more than I want to pay but just cut it, I don't want a shampoo and blow dry.

They agreed. The person who was going to cut my hair declared it was too dry to cut without shampooing. Okay sure. Then she just went on and on about how dry my hair was, how awful my hair was, she even laughed as she looked at my stands, on and on asking me what I use, was mortified I use supermarket brands, etc etc etc It felt awful. I paid $60 to be treated like ****.

I actually refused to go to a 'nice' salon. I hated feeling like I didn't belong and had no right to be there. I just go to quick cuts type places.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Yep this is always my experience. Or something like "but if cut it this way, it will hide your forehead and you will look much prettier.." umm I like my forehead?
    I'm overdue for a hair cut and keep putting it off. I hate going to the hairdressers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not a huge disaster, but a few days before my brother's wedding I realised my hair was horrible because it had been 4 years since the last hair cut, so dd and I went to get it done. She said after we had been shoe shopping, dress shopping and had her hair done that her legs and tummy hurt. So I got one of those car things to push her in (she was 4) and went for my hair cut. After she had cut most of it, my daughter gave a piggy like squeal then projectile vomited then vomited again but put her hand to her mouth so it went everywhere. The hair dresser quickly cut the rest and said to leave, not even stop to pay, just leave. After I got home, gave dd a shower and put her to bed, I realised how uneven it was. Luckily the mobile hair dresser was free to fix it up. Turned out shorter than expected but not too short for my liking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Dyed my hair 3 days before my wedding and they overtoned it and left me with ash blonde (that looked purple). Bridezilla was unleashed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast