+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Tiger Stripes, dodgy foiling where there was product bleeding and looked like I had massive regrowth when I just left the salon.... Orange Hair AFTER I asked for a toner and was told it was fine... Red put in after I told them red is NOT a good colour for me, I wanted a brown retint, I was already brown. Lopsided chops that DH had to fix for me, oh the list is endless!! Hairdressing is a dirty word with DH Im SO SO skeptical of salons now. I finally found a great salon and they dont let me leave unless Im happy and call within the week of having it done to make sure I am. I dye my own hair just a ash brown these days as I dont have the $$$ to get it done but get a trim every 12 weeks roughly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love my hairdresser and have followed him around a bit for the last 18 months since he left his regular salon (and thankfully now has opened his own).

At one salon that he was at for a short while - they knew it was my birthday and made a big deal, champagne etc, then when I paid the bill and left they gave me a little gift bag with a few products in it, mostly samples but one 'real' sized product. Didn't realise when I paid but they had put $25 on the bill to pay for it

Thankfully he had moved on by the next cut. No wonder they were always so quiet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was when i was getting a full head of foils and i look up from reading my magazine and there's smoke coming from the foils! The hairdresser had to grab an ovenmit to take them out as they were burning her hand. Suprisingly my hair wasnt too damaged but safe to say i havent had foils done since!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hairdresser not advising me that going from dark to blonde (my natural colour) would kill my hair and that it would not be blonde.

So... natural colour = blonde. Had been a dyed brunette for a couple of years. Decided to go back to natural colour. After many hours in the hairdresser's chair I ended up orange with hair like straw.

Everyone kept asking me why I had gone ginger.

It took many sessions with a different hairdresser to put it right.

And then a year later I went brunette again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My normal hairdresser was booked out for weeks, so I saw one of the girls at his salon. I wanted a shorter style and had a picture. Went in with below shoulder length hair asking if it was long enough to be cut into the funky choppy style and was told yes. I came out with my Dad's hairstyle (short back and sides). I cried.

I walked out refusing to pay. My hairdresser rang me the next day and I told him if he was ringing to say I owed him $$, he could get stuffed. He said he didn't care about the money, but heard I was upset so rang to see if I wanted him to fix it. So I went in, but it was too short for him to do anything with it.

My hair took ages to grow back then, so I looked crap for months before anything could be done. But I went to another salon when I got it fixed and had the best hairdresser for years before he moved away.

I've had a few others over the years with uneven backs and/or fringe and the last one wasn't great either. I had 25cm cut off and had helmet hair for weeks. Still not happy with it, but I think it's more because so much was cut off and my hair has gotten curly without the weight on it. Used to be dead straight but pregnancy has made it have a bit of a wave/curl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My aunt was taking her sons to get their hair cut and I was well overdue for mine and figured I'd tag along. Anyways told the hair dresser to keep the length and just trim it, touch up the layers and I wanted it cut into a deep V point like it was now. Next thing I know she's hacking away at my hair and I'm looking at the floor going STOP STOP STOP!!! I walked right out and so happy I did!

Once I got home I showered, dried and straightened my hair to find that it was all uneven and massive chunks had been taken out! Ended up costing me a fortune to get it fixed by a 'real' hair dresser and had to change my style altogether because the lady stuffed up so bad! Now I stick to MY hair dresser haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by lolly137; 17-09-2015 at 19:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i went into this salon asked for a consultation was rec to ***** their top colourist. wow if she was their top colourist hate to see what else I could get. the next day I went in and after about 15-20 min if her telling me how fab she was we got onto my colour-she didn't listen I was just useless, judging by her age and her braggerr I thought I would have been 'safe'. But my simple highlights turned into 'The worst yellow stripey foils ever and huge gaps on my line'. I had two foils on my right hairline, nowhere near the roots. I specifically asked for them fine and packed in on the hairline and te rest just nice and natural. So frustrating when you ask for something simple. She also took some bleach thru to the ends which I have never had and now my hair feels disgusting. I am getting married soon and would like a decent colourist in East sydney any tippers out there?
    Last edited by Mod-Nomsie; 15-08-2012 at 18:32. Reason: Editing out personal information

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What has been your worst experience at the hairdresser?

Deaf hairdresser.
    Mullet.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What has been your worst experience at the hairdresser?

I went to the hairdresser for a perm, as I wanted large bouncy curls in my hair. I ended up with jheri curls - the curls were tight and small and the hairdresser kept insisting the curls would drop. The never did and the curls were horrible until they grew out

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using BubHub

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast