+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hair is made for bad hair cut Ive had so many I cant remember. Very few hairdressers can cut it properly. I have adouble crown and auburn frizzy hair (can go in ringlets but weather makes it boof) At the moment I have a huge white streak as my hair is going white so Im about to go to my hairdresser and get it done again

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had it cut too short and not right before, but the worst was when I had hair dye EVERYWHERE I couldn't get it off for a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been Hairdressing now for 7 years.
    Reading these stories is horrible!
    Clients are the one paying for the service and they are also the ones paying the hairdressers wage!!

I have never done a "hair disaster" that I'm awear of.
    But I have had clients return with something they weren't happy with, always I will fix it, no questions asked and never ever charge them!!
    I was always taught in my apprentichip that if I client isn't happy never charge and even once you have fixed it never charge.

Its not like it's the clients fault that there hair turned out crap!!

I have had many women come to me to fix what another hairdresser has done and it leaves me shocked at how some of these hairdressers can make the mistakes they do!

The biggest one I have delt with (and this was horrible) Was a lady called me and was crying on the phone asking if she could come in right away, I told her to come down and when she got to the salon I was nearly crying with her

This poor lady had hair extensions.. She had blonde hair and she said they left the bleach on for close to 2 hours as the hairdresser kept saying to her "it's still to yellow"

Any way they left it on for so long that the the bleach ate through the glue on all her hair extensions.. They tried to "fix" it but all of the extentions were matted beyond belief, some of hair hair had snapped from the roots and it was a mess.

Myself and another girl sat there for about 3-4 hours trying to get the extensions out and the knots out..
    the glue on the extensions seemed to melted and stuck to parts of her scalp. And no matter how much we tried to snap the glue or use all different types of glue removers they would not come out!
    She also had blisters all over her scalp due to the bleach being on for 2 hours.. So we were limited to what we could try.

In the end we had to cut all matted bits out and we asked her to go to her doctor because of the blisters and the hair extension glue being somehow fused to her scalp.

The doctor had a look and she was given cream ect for the chemical burns.
    The next day she came back to us and asked us to just cut the hair extensions out from the root as it was causing excessive ammounts of pain.
    We took photos of all of it for her as she wanted to take the matter with the other salon further..

We had to cut it all off

It turned out in the end that the other salon that did her hair tried to re-attach the hair extensions with Liquid Nails!!
    She was sent to a dermatologist to get the Liquid Nails off her scalp as most of it was stuck to the blisters that were healing and causing infections.

This other salon refused to refund her money back, and refused to pay her the cost of her hair extensions that they destroyed.

This lady didn't get anything back until months later and she had gotten legal action on it.

I still do that ladies hair now 3 years later, and we have become quite good friends (I'm a stay at home mum now but do quite a lot of my regular clients at home)

My clients mean the world to me.
    I would feel physically sick if I knew one was leaving unhappy.

It's so horrible to read some of your experiences!
    Last edited by Liddybugs; 17-05-2012 at 08:32.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-04-2013),VanityFey  (23-04-2013),Youngish87  (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I asked for a bob (brought in a picture too so there was no confusion) and 'natural' blonde foils that would blend nicely with my dark blonde hair. I got a weird choppy cut (with big chunks taken out of the back so i had bits of hair poking out everywhere) and white blond streaks that didn't look natural at all.
    I complained and got a toner put on that fixed the colour (but after that money was a bit of a waste of time as my hair was almost the same colour as it was before) and i am still growing out the haircut.

Most of my hair disasters have been self inflicted (*cough* unintentional orange hair, patchy white hair, self made dreadlocks, cutting the back of hair myself, cutting my own fringe *cough*)

Good thing hair grows back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg that is horrible Rachell! Suddenly my 'tiger stripes' highlights I got at the hairdressers as a teen doesn't seem so bad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to a cheap hairdresser in Melbourne as i needed my hair done for that night and the hairdressers under my apartment double booked me.

I had long hair, walked out with lopsided hair.... I had NO layers on one side. Its not a good sign when you just do someones hair and they buy a headband when they pay!!!!

I ended up going to a reputable hairdresser in the city that said all i could do was chop it off and let it grow out.... i walked out with a bob.... that is how lopsided it was!!!!

Its not all bad... i did enjoy rocking a bob for a while!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would have to be last year. I had a hairdresser strip all the dye from my naturally blonde hair.....I walked out with fluro orange hair with blonde roots and I'm still trying to repair the brittleness and kill off the orange and she wanted me to pay the full $450!!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went in for a full head of blonde foils. The bleach ended up foaming up and leaking out of the top of the foils so it looked like I had platinum blonde regrowth all over - and then the hairdresser's boss who owned the salon wanted me to pay for extra brown foils to fix it!!! Needless to say, I never went back there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what exactly happened, but my mum was leaving on a trip with dad to America and had her hair done the afternoon before. She has always had her blonde hair spruced up a bit with lighter blonde foils.... Somehow they dyed her hair army green.....

I decided that I wanted to go platinum blonde and really should have been talked out of it by my hairdresser. She gave me a bleach bath - I walked out looking like Malfoy (sp?) from Harry Potter. It was terrible.

I am now completely natural all colour has grown out and I have never had healthier hair. I love it. Until the next time I get bored with light brown lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had two hairdressers I've loved. One is DHs cousin (lives overseas now), the other was a senior stylist as a very nice hairdressers here, I can't afford to see her now, but she took me from light brown to creamy blonde in a few hours without my hair being dried out or brittle, then maintained it for about a year, I saw her every 3 weeks and visited the salon for a wash and blow dry weekly from an apprentice.

She was gold.

Oh to have that kind of cash to blow on my hair again.