+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default has anyone ever had to have iron injections?

I went to the doctors today as I've been really tired and quite unwell with a virus. While i was there he mentioned that if my iron levels haven't improved at my next blood test (on friday ) that i would need iron injections. What are they?
    I normally have low iron but have i have anaemia this pregnancy. My doctor said my iron was at. level 8 and my blood pressure is really low again, so it's no wonder im feeling run down as well as tired.
    The only thing i know about iron injections is that they can be painful...tell me this is not true??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had one today for the first time. It stung a bit as it was going in and then for about 5 mins afterwards but that's about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really, that's good, im not big on needles. Hopefully my iron will have improved by friday. ..eeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a bit worried about it making me feel sick but nothing. They said it should make me feel better almost straight away but still waiting on that one. My iron was 4.5 though so could have lots to do with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend has to have iron shots. She says they hurt while getting them but the pain goes away not long after the needle has been taken out. She said they do make her feel better though so to her it's worth it.

Low iron makes you feel really sick I would have had the shots when I had low iron if my stupid doc had of offered them to me.

Hopefully your iron levels have gone up and you don't need them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 13 week course of iron injections about 8 years. I still have tenderness in both sides of my bum. Please make sure they inject in the right spot and they used the correct technique as the iron will stain your skin if it comes back out once they inject it in. My problem was incorrect technique and I still have slight discoloured spot. Made me feel heaps better though so definitely worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, i have been feeling really off lately, I've had anaemia before and have morning sickness quite often as a result. I've also been getting headaches, heart palpitations, breathlessmess etc. So im hoping to be feeling ALOT better! I jokingly asked my gp for a script for some energy today! He's so lovely, he laughed then gave me a stern lecture about resting laying down during the day cutting back at work etc.