+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bumMum View Post
    But its to cover to increase on our expenses so its not really a bonus

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    I see it as a bonus because they could just up te payments and not do a lump payment. They could also just not do any of it and let people figure out how to cover the increase themselves.

It's a bit sad to see the entitlement and ungratefulness if some people the Australian government really does well by its people, those that need help are given help far above and beyond what a government should be doing IMO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (20-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    However much I get will be a bonus. My brother's car accident has been very expensive for me so it has come at the right time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    My understanding is that these one-off payments are bonuses as they are being paid prior the carbon tax being introduced.

From the date of introduction of the carbon tax (1 July), people earning $80k or less pa will have a reduction in tax. Plus there is an increase in family tax benefits, and other centrelink income support payments. Meaning that if you're earning under $80k, you shouldn't be worse off.

I don't understand why people would feel aggrieved that these one off payments are not adequate to pay rates or other regular expenses, which have not, to date, been affected by carbon tax.
    Ah yep sorry that makes sense.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My understanding is that these one-off payments are bonuses as they are being paid prior the carbon tax being introduced.

From the date of introduction of the carbon tax (1 July), people earning $80k or less pa will have a reduction in tax. Plus there is an increase in family tax benefits, and other centrelink income support payments. Meaning that if you're earning under $80k, you shouldn't be worse off.

I don't understand why people would feel aggrieved that these one off payments are not adequate to pay rates or other regular expenses, which have not, to date, been affected by carbon tax.
    I wish they would give those families on 80k or more a bit of a tax break too, seems like its all or nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    if i was getting ftb this year but then it stopped wil i stil get the clean ebergy advance??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I wish they would give those families on 80k or more a bit of a tax break too, seems like its all or nothing!
    It seems that you're disadvantaged if you have, say 1 x $130k pa income verus 2 x $65k pa incomes.

As on the 2 x $65k pa income, you would get a tax saving of $303 per annum each (so $606 per couple).

But if you had the 1 x $130k pa income, you would negligible or no tax cut, and I don't think the FTB increases would be as much as $606 per annum per family.

Maybe I'm missing something, as that was just from my quick look on the clean energy site.

Although friends of mine who earn about $200k between them (no kids) were complaining about the extra cost, but I guess they have to draw the line somewhere with subsidising it. It's hard to say where that line is though, sometimes.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    and I don't think the FTB increases would be as much as $606 per annum per family.
    I couldn't find anything about the FTB increase other than it starts July 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I couldn't find anything about the FTB increase other than it starts July 2013.
    I just googled it, and you're right. The ftb payments don't go up until 2013. So I have to retract all my ranting about the lump sum payments being vote buyers, as they are to assist in compensating from 1 July 2012 until 2013.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    REALLY? well if you want them to stick it where the sun don't shine why don't you give it back to them then ? just be thankful you are getting anything at all its not their problem you need to pay rates what would you have done if this payment was not coming ?

ppl need to grow up the amount of comments i have seen on here saying things like "what a rip off i only got $200" or " i have things i need to buy and they only gave me $320 " these comments are so frustrating the money was onyl announced as being paid last month so take it as a frggin bonus and stop thinking the government owe you all a favour
    I agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    However much I get will be a bonus. My brother's car accident has been very expensive for me so it has come at the right time!
    It's a good time for us too, DH was just made redundant and we don't qualify for unemployment payments here.

It might've only been $140, but it's $140 we didn't have otherwise and will go towards helping to tie us over until DH (cross fingers) gets another job, or until we're forced to buy plane tickets to move home.

I hope your brother's improving.