+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubbygirl, I think you should report what you see. It's awful that people put poor innocent children in danger like this. You can report it anonymously since you live in a small town.
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    gosh that sounds like the streets of thailand!!
    scary.

do you have a local paper? could you send in an opinion piece?
    I dont think our paper is really local -to be honest
    i couldnt be sure as i dont take interest in anything in this place as after a few months of being here and finding what its really like i distanced myself greatly from everything and everyone

I do know that the council is fed up abit with things going on here so maybe the council might be another place to inform maybe

I just cant stand people like that and its so frustrating

Knowing so many people desperately want children and theres parents out there who do things even more dangerous than what iv witnessed is just so frustrating

A sibling of mine is one of those parents who dont think of their childs needs so it hits close to home to so its so frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP i would call the police then as you are dead right, its dangerous.
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:17.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As for your question, it definitely sounds like this guy is being extremely risky with his baby on the bike.. were there any other witnesses? If not, and if this a common occurance, I'd inform the police.. this guy may not even realise he's doing anything wrong and maybe a stern warning could knock some sense into him.
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anyways op, I think being a small town and all if this person was a problem the police would be aware of his behavior re no helmets on kids or whatever.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 16-05-2012 at 17:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a bit more liberal in my thinking when it comes to these safety matters. I'd mind my own business... It's probably back streets your child's school is on and the kids probably aren't in such danger...maybe? Anyway each to their own... I hate our dob-in culture!!
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 16-05-2012 at 17:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bubbygirl, What town Is it? Is it known to the police as a trouble spot? It does sound like a bit of a trouble hotspot.

I would dare say that the police are well aware of what you describe, but are picking their battles with what to confront people with.

I know a lot of outback towns where what you describe is the norm. It's not because the parents are bad, but it's just the way of life there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brownsugar View Post
    I'm a bit more liberal in my thinking when it comes to these safety matters. I'd mind my own business... It's probably back streets your child's school is on and the kids probably aren't in such danger...maybe? Anyway each to their own... I hate our dob-in culture!!
    The school is on a main road. However a small town with not one traffic light - would it actually be considered a main road?

He was surround by moving cars and on the road in the actual driving lane - inbetween moving traffic and parked cars

Yes the do you dob do you not issue!!

Usually mind my own business, i think my frustration comes from this group that constantly do it - then i feel do i dob for the child?

I guess my issue also comes from the frustration of seeing things and then reading on here on seeing first hand the men and women who fight so hard just to have a family or fight so hard to get custody from neglectful parents

Its just frustrating knowing i cant or im not making a difference in the world for kids who cant speak for themselves

Im actually registering for the 'run for life haiti' run in brisbane which is to raise funds for a maternity hospital in haiti

Its not much ands its not my own country but its something i can contribute to
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:18.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubbygirl For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    The school is on a main road. However a small town with not one traffic light - would it actually be considered a main road?

He was surround by moving cars and on the road in the actual driving lane - inbetween moving traffic and parked cars

Yes the do you dob do you not issue!!

Usually mind my own business, i think my frustration comes from this group that constantly do it - then i feel do i dob for the child?

I guess my issue also comes from the frustration of seeing things and then reading on here on seeing first hand the men and women who fight so hard just to have a family or fight so hard to get custody from neglectful parents

Its just frustrating knowing i cant or im not making a difference in the world for kids who cant speak for themselves

Im actually registering for the 'run for life haiti' run in brisbane which is to raise funds for a maternity hospital in haiti

Its not much ands its not my own country but its something i can contribute to
    I see your point....if you did believe it could put the child in danger. Could you not talk to the parent? Or are they big n burly that u don't wanna approach them? If u feel that strongly about it, report them.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My gosh people if you have nothing constructive to say in regards to the TOPIC of the OP then say nothing.

I will be cleaning this thread and further off topic posts will be deleted and dealt with appropriately.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Areca  (16-05-2012),bumMum  (16-05-2012)