+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Report them to the police. That makes me shudder thinking of those little kids in such a dangerous situation. I for one am glad you're so mad about it and urge you to make a quick call to the police. You might find they roster some patrols around school pick up and drop off times.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 16-05-2012 at 17:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    OP I'd be reporting them. That's extremely dangerous and surely it is illegal.
    Would i need photo proof do u think? I dodnt get any today as i was driving and my phone was at home but next time i could take a picture for the police

But untill it happens again will they listen with out proof??

It only takes one slip and those kids head will hit the road in great force or one wrong bump and the bike heads into traffic.

I get not having a car or whatever but walk for petes sake

Everything in our town is walking distance and i mean everything!!
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not sure Bubbygirl, ring the police and ask them what they require you to.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 16-05-2012 at 17:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Scum is quite a strong word to use for a father making an irresponsible mistake.

You say in a small town everyone gets into other peoples business, couldn't agree more but you have involved yourself so I think you do have a slight responsibility to report it.
    I know what seems like common sense to the majority of people sometimes doesn't to others so maybe he just needs a slap on the wrist to remind him of the dangers of doing this.
    You can also report anonymously.
    Last edited by brooke88(mum2b09); 16-05-2012 at 16:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke88(mum2b09) View Post
    Scum is quite a strong word to use for a father making an irresponsible mistake.

You say in a small town everyone gets into other peoples business, couldn't agree more but you have involved yourself so I think you do have a slight responsibility to report it.
    I know what seems like common sense to the majority of people sometimes doesn't to others so maybe he just needs a slap on the wrist to remind him of the dangers of doing this.
    You can also report anonymously.
    I uses scum because of their past and past actions which is why im worried about reporting them as i know what they do.

But yeah i feel for the sake of these kids i need to involve myself by reporting

But how? Is it 000 i ring or another number? As the station is a long drive from us

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbygirl I know in QLD the police have another number for non emergencies, I can't remember what it is. Perhaps you could look online to see if there is something similar where you live. I would suggest, as other's have, to report annonymously (sp? sorry) and see what they say.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    I uses scum because of their past and past actions which is why im worried about reporting them as i know what they do.

But yeah i feel for the sake of these kids i need to involve myself by reporting

But how? Is it 000 i ring or another number? As the station is a long drive from us
    Look up the number of the police station near you and then ring them. You cna make an anonymous complaint.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get some photos incase you need evidence. I would be calling the police.
    Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 16-05-2012 at 17:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    gosh that sounds like the streets of thailand!!
    scary.

do you have a local paper? could you send in an opinion piece?

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I would suggest calling the police or Kid safe in your area and ask there advice on handling the situation i would think they will come down and have a look for them selfs if it happens all of the time.

xxx
    Last edited by Mod-SammiAnn; 17-05-2012 at 08:16.