+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wesley or Mater...Brisbane

Hello All,

I am currently TTC number 2. My first was delivered at Selangor in Nambour....SO AWESOME. I had a natural, drug free birth. For the next one have to choose between the Wesley or the Mater. There are so many obstetricians!!! I have no idea where to start.

Who did you have? Where did you birth? I am wanting the same type of labour again, so no drugs and no being hurried along.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    If natural and drug free is what you want then the Birth Centre at RBWH is best. Were you specifically wanting to go private though? It is in a public hospital and the catchment area only covers those living north of the river.

I had my DD there and they were great. Totally focused on natural birth, and you can have a waterbirth etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rosycheeks For This Useful Post:

Justus4  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosycheeks View Post
    If natural and drug free is what you want then the Birth Centre at RBWH is best. Were you specifically wanting to go private though? It is in a public hospital and the catchment area only covers those living north of the river.

I had my DD there and they were great. Totally focused on natural birth, and you can have a waterbirth etc.
    I agree.

However, I went to the Wesley and it was amazing. I did however have a planned c-section (placenta over the cervix) but there were lots of women who wanted and got a natural birth there.

Everyone there was always about what you wanted and I found they never pressured me into anything, if I said no they worked around it.

I went through Dr. Ganter. He seemed very pro women's birthing choices.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

Justus4  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I birthed at mater, and I don't know if this is the same as all hospitals but as soon as I went in overdue due to an issue I had to stay for monitoring and the drug free plan went out the window! They were quite pushy and when I attempted to stand up for myself the OB was very very rude.

Like another poster said, RBWH has a birthing centre that I hear is pretty good. I have no idea on the Wesley as I'm public

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through Dr David Hill for DS and he will be delivering my second next Tuesday at Wesley and he is wonderful! Genuine, caring and a wonderful 'bedside manner'. He pays great attention to how you feel, your wants & needs.

The Wesley has a new maternity unit and the staff were great, even under huge pressure - they usually have an average of 4 births a day but The day I had DS there were 14 and I still had a private room!

I have heard good things about Mater as well.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your comments, Rosycheeks I am not in the catchment for the RBWH unfortunately. I think I have decided on the Wesley. I would have to drive past it on the way to the Mater and I think it would regret it when I was in labour. My last labour progressed very quickly and the car ride was excruciating. Now to pick an OB!!!!