+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this, in a perfect world we wouldn't have the need for online socialization but for some (like me) who find small children draining, who's partners work away or work long hours we need the adult interaction to recharge (I'm a extrovert). Now some might say go out and socialize in the real world and that's all well and good if you have those sorts of contacts, I do have some but it's not enough for me though I am trying to build that up especially now that I have a car, I need adult interaction everyday or I loose the plot. I have tried cutting out or limiting my social media time just in evenings (my boys have not napped in the day for the past 2 years) and it does no service to myself or my children I am a happier mumma when I allow myself to accept this, I always respond to my children- its taken me 20 min to write this
    Oh you!! How do you describe everything so awesomely..This is me as well.
    I get NO down time ATM from anyone or anything so having a scroll through BH or FB is my little release.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have mixed feelings about this, in a perfect world we wouldn't have the need for online socialization but for some (like me) who find small children draining, who's partners work away or work long hours we need the adult interaction to recharge (I'm a extrovert). Now some might say go out and socialize in the real world and that's all well and good if you have those sorts of contacts, I do have some but it's not enough for me though I am trying to build that up especially now that I have a car, I need adult interaction everyday or I loose the plot. I have tried cutting out or limiting my social media time just in evenings (my boys have not napped in the day for the past 2 years) and it does no service to myself or my children I am a happier mumma when I allow myself to accept this, I always respond to my children- its taken me 20 min to write this
    Yep, that's how it is for me too.
    It's only really when my kids are playing independently where I will browse the Internet for a little while, but when they actually want to play with me then I'll put my phone down and focus on them. I'm not that bad, I have seen worse. My kids will always come first.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Oh you!! How do you describe everything so awesomely..This is me as well.
    I get NO down time ATM from anyone or anything so having a scroll through BH or FB is my little release.
    Oh well I Saw this about a week ago on Facebook and I chewed over it for ages! My time online is directly related to how much social adult interaction I am getting which is why when hubby is home I am hardly ever on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I get online when my kids are awake...I didn't read it that we should be engaging with our children 100% of the time. If my kids are off playing happily together and don't care what I'm doing then I'll jump online...but if I am doing something where I'm supposed to be engaging with my kids then that's the time to walk away from the computer or the phone and actually engage with your children.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I didn't want to imply there is anything wrong with being on your phone when your kids are awake. Just that for me it interferes too much with reality. Well it used to

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely. I am definately one of "those" Mums. I work full time, study part time. Full time work doesn't just steal your 9-5 hours away, it steals from 7-7! And study steals your weekend or in between times. By the time I've finished my house duties and ready to sit down and have a conversation with my son- he's reading his home reader and hoping into bed! Mum's work too much! The Government can't support quality and prosperous childhood- which I do not believe comes from a full time working Mum. It's a sucky situation which I only have myself to blame. But it is what it is- we make the best of that sucky situation and hopefully one day we will appreciate the golden hour we have to ourselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    a great reminder for everyone, just about balance and perspective whether it is internet, television, work, housework etc.

time flies soooo quickly.

with that, i am going to turn off my computer for the rest of the day!!!