+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Thermochef / Bellini / maxxi owners!

I thought I would start this thread so that all of us can bounce recipes of each other I doubt we'd be welcome in the other thread

I bought a thermochef last week and have made banana bread and butter chicken both of which have been amazing!! I will be using it for dinner tonight too!

What have you made?

Do you have any hints?

Do you have any questions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have a recipe that has chicken and Greek yoghurt in it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying the pizza dough in the Thermochef today. I normally use my breadmaker, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I actually went to my first Thermomix demonstration yesterday, and came away pretty happy with my cheaper Chinese knockoff

I would love the TM recipe book though, but the consultant couldn't sell me one, bummer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bugsy For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing even though I'm an imposter... I don't have one of these machines but would love one! It's getting trickier now there's more brands on the market, so I'll read with interest peoples' comments about the different machines (with lots of kitchen inspired jealousy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit, I was taking a gamble buying something that had only been on the market for 6 months, but I figured if it completely died I could still in theory buy another one for the price of one thermomix but I'm not worried, the warranty is really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a Bellini owner, now a Maxxi owner. I have been cooking HEAPS, my daughter says I'm now a good cook. I have made the chicken and yoghurt one, I followed a YouTube video.

Can I post links to receipes here? Most of the receipes I have made have been for thermomix sites. Happy to share what I have found easy and successful if that's ok.

Last night I made the chicken, cashew vege coconut rice dish and it was sooo delicious. I make bread rolls and cheese and bacon rolls and carbonara and chicken curries and play dough and cinnamon scrolls and muesli slice and biscuits. It's been amazing as I wasn't much of a cook before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pizza dough was a success, a nice as my bread maker dough, yet only 2 min in the TC and 30 min rising time.

I used it today to make a lovely thick bechamel sauce for salmon croquettes. So easy.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thermochef

I too have just recently purchased a Thermochef .... so far I am thrilled with it and have used it most days in some capacity. I have made complete dinners (steamed fish and veggies with spices while the rice cooked underneath). I have made a butter chicken, scones, anzac biscuits, sorbet .... just to name a couple. My first attempt was a disaster and i ended up with very watery horrid mash potato but since then it's brilliant. I'd seen a Thermomix demo and thought they looked great but couldn't justify the price. If the TC continues as is I'm happy. The only thing I'd love to see is a cookbook although today I used an old favourite recipe for muslie slice and adjusted it for the thermochef and it was quick, easy and tasty.

Love to see more recipe ideas though ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can anyone tell me why I should get the original thermomix and not another brand..??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    Can anyone tell me why I should get the original thermomix and not another brand..??
    Lol this is the thread for the 'other brand/s'. the main difference is the reverse function, which is only in the thermomix, it's also made in France, vs Japan/china.

But at $1100 more the decision is up to you.

See if you can get to a demo of both to make your mind up.

Thermochef demos are everywhere (give your local kitchen shop a call, my local one sold them & did demos, also check the Newwave website, they list all the upcoming demos)

For a thermomix demo, check the website also, I think they cost $10 but they're run as 'classes' and you get to eat all the food they cook & it's obligation free!
    Last edited by MrJones&Me; 07-06-2012 at 20:34.