+ Reply to Thread
    abiishu is offline embrace your inner birthing goddess
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Support belt for SPD?

My osteo has recommended I get a pelvic support belt to help with my SPD. I have tried the local chemists with no luck, and have looked online but only found relevant products overseas.

Would love to hear recommendations if you have used one. What brand did you get? Did it help? Where did you buy it from? And how much was it?

TIA!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya! I don't know what brand belt I got, it was recommended to me by the Physio at the hospital.

Maybe you should book in with a Physio who specializes in pregnancy issues, specifically SPD. It's really important to get fitted for the belt, they come in various sizes. Plus the physio can show u how to use it properly, coz it really isn't effective unless you put it on correctly

I used one for a few months and it did help with the pain, but my SPD got bad to the point I had to just stay off my feet, so didn't need to use it after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had one and my osteo ordered it in for me. Perhaps ask your osteo to do the same or recommend a brand?

It cost me $65, but can't recall the brand, sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my one from my physiotherapist. She sold them. Maybe make a few calls...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Physio had some but not in my size. I was the same couldn't find them in any of the chemists, I eventually found one in a baby shop. Was about $60.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, firstly I'm sorry you're suffering with SPD, I had it in the last trimester of my pregnancy with DD and it was extremely debilitating. Is the pain localized? And is it at the front or back of the pelvis?

I tried SRC shorts, they did NOTHING. My pain was around the front of the pelvic joint. TBH I had more luck with adjusting my lifestyle which included not using stairs, keeping knees together at all times (esp when getting in/out of the car and turning in bed), using ice at the end of each day (basically an ice pack on my lady bits lol), and rest rest rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got one I'm trying to get rid of

Thanks
    Reviews
    The most comfortable belt is the Serola sacroiliac belt. It is a narrow style belt with velcro fasteners and is worn low around the hips and crosses over in front of your pubic bone. You can buy them online with postage for around $50-$60. There are several suppliers, just shop around for the best deal. There are videos online also to demonstrate the correct way to wear them. They come in different sizes so be sure to check the measurements on the websites so you can select the size you need.