+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Need restraining order advise asap

So my neighbour has been stalking me prett bad looking in window at night text messages, letters. I have been going to court for a restraining order and now it's gone to trial. His next door neighbour is close to him and isn't happy with me and refuses to believe me.
    So last night I was walking down my drive way with my baby and the neighbour started abusing me calling me a liar then the daughter started shouting I was dead she was gonna mop the floor with me, they than got up in my face threatening me the daughter punched my arm all in front of my baby who was mostly in my face I called 000 and then they did and started saying that I was threatening her mum even though i never did and was in the defensive position the whole time. The police came and said no one would be charged as to seperate stories but if I pushed it they would charge me cus she is 69. They gave me a report number for a restraining order. My arm was throbbing last night no visible bruise. My worry is a.) they got away with this and b.) what if they run and get one against me in revenge of the stalker. Any advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    thats horrible!
    I feel like we are missing some background though- when/why did this all start??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg, how awful!

Is there any way you can move? Even with a restraining order I'd be uncomfortable and nervous living there with such horrible people next door.

Keep a diary and record all details of incidents eg write date and time of every letter, text, confrontation and what happened. This will help with any court appearance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Omg, how awful!

Is there any way you can move? Even with a restraining order I'd be uncomfortable and nervous living there with such horrible people next door.

Keep a diary and record all details of incidents eg write date and time of every letter, text, confrontation and what happened. This will help with any court appearance.

This!

That is terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry typing in a hurry screaming toddler the last 2 months or so basically letter in foor asking me out I sent a text saying sorry just want to be friends lots of harnessing texts followed for 3 days then the old lady convinced him to delete my number than he started outside my bedroom etc, yesterday was the hearing with his lawyer wher he asked it to go to trial they then spread I'd done this before. It's awful, il have to move but I looked last night there is nothing under $280 all I can afford. I'm just worried shell go to court and spread lies I threatened her I'm not like that at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would it be possible for you to use a voice recorded whenever you go outside? It's not real practical but at least if any more abuse occurs you have more than just your word that you are the victim. Most mobile phones have some type of voice recorder. Otherwise as PP said, make sure you document any incidents, date, time, who was there, what actually happened, if police were called/attended, police officers ID number - try to be very detailed.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would agree with that. Put your phone on voice record when you go outside so you can atleast catch the voices when they start.

I had a neighbour like that years ago, him and his dad. He would randomly show up places, even once when I stepped out the shower and he was looking in the shower. He bought me flowers the next day to apologise with a creepy note. Then his dad started doing things like taking my Cavalier and putting her in his house when I was at work or not looking. Bringing me gifts for her etc even letting himself in my house. We finally went screw it and moved and on the last day of getting things out of the house he let himself in my house and asked if he could have my dog.

I went feral at him over that and he started yelling at me for not saying he could have her. Luckily dad walked in when he was being all creepy.

I was 17 at the time.