+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/info/articl...hecklist.shtml

That checklist is a really good one. It had stuff on there I never even thought about taking.

Take flushable wet wipes. The hospital toilet paper is horrible for after birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! Thanx for all the advice soooo many things I wouldn't have even thought of, how far along was everyone when you started to pack?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    Oh my! Thanx for all the advice soooo many things I wouldn't have even thought of, how far along was everyone when you started to pack?
    DD1 I packed at 34weeks and basically lived out of the bag till 39weeks when she came lol.
    DD2 I was lazy and was planning on packing at 38weeks but dd2 had other plans and came early before I packed anything. Packing what you can think of while having contractions isnt a pleasant experience. Esp. when you forget to pack underwear which is needed after birth lol

So my best advice is be prepared from 30+weeks. You never know when bub will enter the world.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Koberose  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont put your favourite cutsie outfit you picked out for bub's birth on her/him straight away cos it only gets all bloody and gooey! Save it for a going home outfit
    Dont paint your toe nails! if you have to have a c section they need to take it off and it wastes time!

Pack some nibbles - pkt of chips, bickies, lollies, juice
    Pack some nice clothes that u can feed from - so u dont feel yuck when visitors come.
    Good maternity pads that go right up ur back lol and high undies.
    Camera and a back up camera.
    Pen to write on cards who got bubs what.
    A lovely soft warm blanket to wrap bubs in ....make that a ouple as they get bloody.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx, I'm 30 weeks now but I don't no if it's just a feeling or I am hoping he will come early lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    Thanx, I'm 30 weeks now but I don't no if it's just a feeling or I am hoping he will come early lol
    lol I remember the feeling. At 30weeks I was over being pregnant and ready to meet bubs. Has your pregnancy been a relatively easy one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    One thing I'll add, is some nail scissors or clippers for yourself. Whilst in transition, I've dug my nails into dh's shoulder, for dd1, and into the bed for dd2, I broke my nails off into really sharp points. This was a really traumatic thing for me when I scratched dd1 with my broken nails. I didn't have anything to cut them with, and ended up scratching her again when I next changed her nappy.

Lots of maternity pads, for labour as well as after. For dd2, I was induced via arm, the water soaks through the maternity pads constantly and I couldn't stand it running down my legs, so I went through nearly an entire pack of pads during labour, and I'd not packed enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nice piece of crumpet View Post
    Dont paint your toe nails! if you have to have a c section they need to take it off and it wastes time!

Goodluck
    Are you telling me some people can still see/reach their toes at the end of pregnancy? lol

I recommend food! About halfway through my second labour, I felt like I had never eaten before in my life. Cafeteria was closed (probably wouldn't have made it that far anyway! lol) and I didn't have anything with me. The midwives were nice enough to get something made for me, but I'm sure not all of them would, so I'll be packing something this time, and it's good for between meals in hosp too, as after labour and if you're breastfeeding you'll probably be fairly hungry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    lol I remember the feeling. At 30weeks I was over being pregnant and ready to meet bubs. Has your pregnancy been a relatively easy one?
    Yeah very over pregnancy at the moment I just want to cuddle him!! It's perfect weather for it hahaha!
    The first 4 months was horrible morning sickness all day every day but eventually stoped now just sore back and lots of kicks in the ribs so looking forward to finally getting some cuddle time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Koberose For This Useful Post:

Missemzy  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    Are you telling me some people can still see/reach their toes at the end of pregnancy? lol

I recommend food! About halfway through my second labour, I felt like I had never eaten before in my life. Cafeteria was closed (probably wouldn't have made it that far anyway! lol) and I didn't have anything with me. The midwives were nice enough to get something made for me, but I'm sure not all of them would, so I'll be packing something this time, and it's good for between meals in hosp too, as after labour and if you're breastfeeding you'll probably be fairly hungry.
    Toes? Where are they??? I assumed they fell off two months ago lol