+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love how thought provoking and well written your post was. I can really relate to your post in the journey I am currently going through. I worked hard to get to a high career position in my industry, then realised I didn't want it anymore. It was making me dreadfully unhappy to be away from my DD for 40-50 hours a week and owning a house didn't seem that important anymore. So after many tears, arguments, sole searching and even a separation from DH we ended up deciding that it was ok for goals and priorities to change and that if we were so unhappy we had to take a chance and do something about it. So we sold out house and moved to a cheaper city a month ago. I'm not working and will go back part time when I'm ready. and I finally feel like I'm not drowning anymore;in debt, other peoples expectations, keeping up appearances as the career mum and I'm finding I'm a whole different person to the the one I thought I was.
    You Definately have the talent with words to write professionally if that's what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    I love how thought provoking and well written your post was. I can really relate to your post in the journey I am currently going through. I worked hard to get to a high career position in my industry, then realised I didn't want it anymore. It was making me dreadfully unhappy to be away from my DD for 40-50 hours a week and owning a house didn't seem that important anymore. So after many tears, arguments, sole searching and even a separation from DH we ended up deciding that it was ok for goals and priorities to change and that if we were so unhappy we had to take a chance and do something about it. So we sold out house and moved to a cheaper city a month ago. I'm not working and will go back part time when I'm ready. and I finally feel like I'm not drowning anymore;in debt, other peoples expectations, keeping up appearances as the career mum and I'm finding I'm a whole different person to the the one I thought I was.
    You Definately have the talent with words to write professionally if that's what you want.
    Oh I'm so so glad to hear that you made a choice that was right for you.

I completely understand keeping up appearances. Building a house, buying new cars, having the best of everything ... All while feeling uneasy on the inside knowing that it still wasn't enough. Stuff doesn't make you glow from the inside. Being happy and making the right decisions for your family does. Yay for your family

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome

Def a beautiful writer x

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    thank you for That, it was a wonderful read, inspiring and thought provoking too... You should do that column!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful post you have inspired me, thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thanks It's very warming to hear I've inspired someone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sometimes what it takes is reading on some website about some person you don't know that had the big epiphany and thus made choices and changed her life without regret to push you to your own epiphany and make yourself the priority.

Thankyou.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkplease3 View Post
    Sometimes what it takes is reading on some website about some person you don't know that had the big epiphany and thus made choices and changed her life without regret to push you to your own epiphany and make yourself the priority.

Thankyou.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub
    Wow ... I didn't think I'd even have an effect on others. That brought a tear to my eye. I really hope you do make yourself a priority. I've only just recently put a note on my fridge saying 'you're worth it' ... Because it's very easy to forget. I hope you find your happiness x