+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    drink lots of water (but not TOO much water but certainly your 2-3L per day).

but other than that, unfortunately not much that can be done. they fade with time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    drink lots of water (but not TOO much water but certainly your 2-3L per day).

but other than that, unfortunately not much that can be done. they fade with time!
    I drink plenty of water, maybe more than 2-3l a day, why not too much? Is there something wrong with too much water (besides needing to pee all the time!) I just always feel thirsty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koberose View Post
    I drink plenty of water, maybe more than 2-3l a day, why not too much? Is there something wrong with too much water (besides needing to pee all the time!) I just always feel thirsty
    My little one's father used to work in disability services and they had one client that drank too much water - as in he would drink all the time, including sneaking into the toilet to drink out of the bowl.

At one point he started to go blind and I was told that was because drinking too much water caused a potassium imbalance.

However, I don't believe it is possible for a normal person to drink too much water. It was part of his disability that had him drinking constantly.

-----------------

Conversely my father read some article suggesting that many common ailments (including cancer and alzheimers) were caused by insufficient water. This article suggested drinking at least 3L of water a day for health benefits.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    My little one's father used to work in disability services and they had one client that drank too much water - as in he would drink all the time, including sneaking into the toilet to drink out of the bowl.

At one point he started to go blind and I was told that was because drinking too much water caused a potassium imbalance.

However, I don't believe it is possible for a normal person to drink too much water. It was part of his disability that had him drinking constantly.

-----------------

Conversely my father read some article suggesting that many common ailments (including cancer and alzheimers) were caused by insufficient water. This article suggested drinking at least 3L of water a day for health benefits.
    Mmmm one of them things you just can't win on, too much of something is bad not enough is bad,
    We are on tank water I feel like I'm going to drain our tank before bubs born lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's unlikely you'll drink too much water. It is possible, but it's not very common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There has been one cream that *may* help, I can't remember the name of it but it's not available in Australia, I think it might be Spanish- pretty sure the study I read was in the cochrane library, try googling cochrane study stretch marks or something- when I have a chance I will coz I want to get some lol! I've mostly avoided them so far but having twins this time and don't want any!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm one of those people that never got one stretch mark during either pregnancy But I did stress during my first pregnancy, afraid I would get them. I have alway been big on moisturizing though but was even more so whilst pregnant. I used to use bio oil, palmers coconut butter and coconut oil. I would take one of them to work and apply it through the day, I moisturized 4 times a day. Whether that helped or whether I'm blessed with good genes door lucky I don't know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, drinking too much water can be very dangerous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    However, I don't believe it is possible for a normal person to drink too much water.
    It's definitely possible, and absolutely horrific when it happens.
    Usually there would be a reason like diabetes behind it, but it's not unheard of for people to drink scary amounts of fluid because they think they need to consume (for eg) a L with each breastfeed, or want to prevent stretch marks in any way possible.
    Some warnings might seem stupid, but are being told because of real events

(I have heard of several cases over the last few years where women sent themselves into renal failure by drinking in excess of 10L per day -it's not a common occurrence obviously - but if I was drinking that much a day, I'd see a dr and find out why! Lol :-( )
    Last edited by Gandalf; 16-05-2012 at 23:06.