+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Clexane/Prednisalone, what dose and how long??

Hi ladies, in a few weeks I will embark on what is most likely to be our final IVF cycle and we are throwing everything we can at it. I have a few questions for those of you on clexane and / or prednisalone.

What reason are you taking it?
    What dose?
    When did you start and how far into the pregnancy are you/did you take it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i was on both, and i believe the pred is why my dtr is here today after trying sooooo long.
    we too threw everything at the cycle, after reading a book by doctor alan beer. i was on 40 of clexane till 12 weeks, and with pred 25mg which i weened it off from 12 weeks. both drugs started after EPU.
    the side effects of pred. arent tooo bad, insomnia can become ure friend
    when trying for #2, ill be doing the same again.
    hope this is ure cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jay - I was on prednisolone for high level NK cells. I asked to be put on the clexane as it was our last cycle & I wanted to throw everything at it. I was put on it before I had a missed miscarriage in 2009 and although my FS (KT) didn't think I needed it, he agreed I could try it.

I was on 30mg prednisolone and 40 clexane.

I started the prednisolone from CD7 and the clexane from ET day. The pred I started to wean off from 12 weeks but because of the high dose, I wasn't off completely until 15/16 weeks. I was on clexane until 24 weeks.

I also took alot of other meds. Elevit, MegaB, Mega Folate & aspirin. All taken until birth except for aspirin which I stopped at 38 weeks (bub was born at 38w4d). I also took antibiotics from CD2 until CD12.

Good luck Jay. I don't think there is much harm in asking for everything being thrown at your last cycle. I'm glad I did otherwise I don't think I'd have my DD now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i was on both too...my last cycle...and i got my DD.

I was on 25 mg pred from day 1, heparin 2 iui morning and night from day after collection, asprin, prog pessaries morning and night, hcg injection day 4,8,12 and 16 from collection.

I stayed on pessaries till 12 weeks.

Heparin till 18 weeks (would have been longer but i developed placenta previa and was bleeding).

I stayed on pred all the way through. I also needed it for the year after delivery - i have Rheumatoid Arthritis (auto immune disease) and they think this is why the pred worked for me.

good luck

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your input. I'm thinking about just doing both off my own back

It is a bit confusing, everyone seems to stop the pred and clexane at different stages, doesn't seem to be a set rule when it is safe to stop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't suggest doing the pred without letting fs know, it can cause problems with blood sugars and bone density. I have been told I need a glucose tolerance test and to take calcium tabs. Good luck and hope it works for us both.

Poppy x

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks poppy, I have done the pred on a previous cycle. I really think I would have major regrets if I didn't give it another go. It was my only cycle I ever got a positive on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, I think you are on the right path with throwing everything at it and I just wanted to stop by to wish you lots and lots of luck Hoping this IS your last cycle for the best of reasons!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jaye go for it babe

Sorry I have not been on either for ivf but I have heard positive stories when u are at the end of the journey and you have tried everything else you have to put everything into it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Jaye, I really hope it works for you, and you get your little bubs.