+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so glad it worked. The teacher must've been thinking about her decision overnight. Yay! Result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great that she reconsidered things teachers are human beings after all. Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh, so sorry.

And yikes, I didn't know that. A few years ago the teacher caught some tadpoles and brought them into the classroom. They kept them in class for a short while, then divided them up and sent them home with the students to look after at home. The students were given boiled lettuce to keep in the freezer and feed the tadpoles with. Unfortunately the tadpoles my daughter had didn't do so well and only two (out of six) survived into frogs, which were then released in the local creek (as instructed by the teacher). We had it stressed to us the importance of releasing them in proximity to where they were originally caught.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 18-05-2012 at 22:34.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Rules are a little different state by state (always the way). In ACT, schools can get a permit and must release them back where they were caught. But I suspect paperwork will probably take a while, being a government department.

I'm hoping there are still some bird poop caterpillars outside, might not be as impressive as tadpoles but I haven't found any legislation preventing us from raising caterpillars!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid fun police stopping the collection of tadpoles!!! That was like a rite of passage as a kid watching tadpoles change into frogs!!!!
    This project is a disaster!!!! Hope the caterpillar thing works!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Possible overuse of exclamations there, sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Rules are a little different state by state (always the way). In ACT, schools can get a permit and must release them back where they were caught. But I suspect paperwork will probably take a while, being a government department.

I'm hoping there are still some bird poop caterpillars outside, might not be as impressive as tadpoles but I haven't found any legislation preventing us from raising caterpillars!
    Huh? ACT? Did you move?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Possible overuse of exclamations there, sorry.
    Haha!!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to brownsugar For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What on Earth is a pendulum sand painting?? I must need to go back to primary school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post

Areca, I moved in Jan. Moved to a new welfare payment which left me $10 left after rent. Even the best budget couldn't work that.
    I don't know....sounds like you just weren't up for the challenge! I'm joking of course, how ridiculous that they expect you to live on such a small amount of money. Hope you are enjoying it cause from memory you much preferred living in Melbourne.

As far as the homework goes...I have an idea...go to Questacon for the day, get her to do something there and then bring it home...tada!