+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree, it was one of the best things I ever bought for DS! I had one called Diaper Nanny which apparently you can't buy the cartridges for anymore My only recommendation is that you check reviews and make sure that they aren't heavy on the plastic consumption.

Some like the Tommee Tippee ones put a couple of twists in between each nappy. To me that seems just as wasteful as tying a knot in the bag (using extra plastic). And apparently some brands don't hold many at all, although that didn't concern me as I always emptied it at the end of the day. My Diaper Nanny was just a brilliant smell enclosing system that was hygienic and easy to use. I would definitely get one again if I could.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought they would be great, until I went to my SIL house and although it wasn't a strong smell in the nursery, I could still get a hint of it. As far as I was concerned a hint was too much for a babies room. Having said that, I have no idea what brand or quality it was, or if she used it correctly, so it's not much help to you.

I use nappy bags, and have one of those small bright colored wheelie bins that you buy from cheap shops just outside my laundry door. DH empties it every week into the big bin. Works great for us.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can smell a nappy through a scented nappy bag, so it'd have to go straight into the big bin for me otherwise everything'd just smell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OMG I love love love my nappy bin!!!! It's especially handy when u have to keep one hand on a wriggly baby!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeh I think I'm swayed towards getting one! Maybe ill drop the hint to some of the girls at work for my baby shower

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a nappy bin that takes normal bin bags. We put wet nappies on straight, but wrap smelly ones in scented bags first. Very convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's like most things I think - what works best for you? My brother and SIL swear theirs is the best thing ever. I was in the "poo in the bedroom is not nice" club, so I used the individual bags and threw them straight into the big bin outside. On cold nights (which is most nights here! ) I'd drop the bag just outside my back door (no pets, so it's okay) and put them all in the bin in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetara View Post
    They are a waste of money in my opinion. I had one and never used it, the scented nappy bags are good enough.
    I agree

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i brought one with DD1 and got rid of it very quickly. the slight smell lingering really put me off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've never had one, but have been happy enough with nappy sacks. I don't even use them for wet nappies, they just go straight into the kitchen bin. Only poopie nappies are bagged up and I pop them in the laundry until I can be bothered to go outside and put them in the wheelie bin.