+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nappy Disposal System v Plastic Bags

Hi Ladies

Just wanting people's opinions on Nappy Disposal Systems. Are they any good? Worth getting or better off just chucking the dirties in a plastic bag every time?

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a nappy bin, used it a couple of times and then started using scented nappy bags in the garbage,

Thanks
    Reviews
    They are a waste of money in my opinion. I had one and never used it, the scented nappy bags are good enough.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would use a nappy system if I lived in an apartment and didn't want to keep going up and down stairs to put it in the big garbage, but when I'm nannying I just use nappy sacks and chuck them straight into the big bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love love love my nappy bin! I rate it as one of the best 'baby' things I got

I have the Sangenic Tommy Tippee one, and it's awesome. I've used it from birth until now, and DD is almost 2.

There is zero smell - even when it's full - and it's so convenient! We empty it about once every 4-5 days, and you just pop the nappy/ wipes in the bin, twist the top, and close it. So easy.

I also like that if the nappy is a BAD one, you can leave the bin lid open, and just drop wipes straight in as you use them. No trying to put stuff in a bag one handed, or accidentally dropping it out of the bag/ getting some on the outside - both of which I have done.

I actually get really irritated when I have to use nappy bags if the bin is full!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always put into a plastic bag and threw them straight in the outside bin.
    The thought of nappies inside just gross me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for your comments so far I'm liking the idea of the convenience. Though we don't have stairs to tackle every time, our garbage bin is basically on the other side of the house to the front door and I can see this getting very tedious very quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilbarablossom View Post
    Thanks ladies for your comments so far I'm liking the idea of the convenience. Though we don't have stairs to tackle every time, our garbage bin is basically on the other side of the house to the front door and I can see this getting very tedious very quickly!
    Yeah, ours was the same. It was a bit of a trek from the nursery to outside, and then round the side of the house to where the bins are.

The nappy bin is next to the change table

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an Angelcare nappy bin - it was great for keeping smells away. I got rid of it as the refills were very expensive, I think around $16 per roll.. For a roll of plastic that was pretty expensive!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny Lover For This Useful Post:

cairnsmummy  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I love love love my nappy bin! I rate it as one of the best 'baby' things I got

I have the Sangenic Tommy Tippee one, and it's awesome. I've used it from birth until now, and DD is almost 2.

There is zero smell - even when it's full - and it's so convenient! We empty it about once every 4-5 days, and you just pop the nappy/ wipes in the bin, twist the top, and close it. So easy.

I also like that if the nappy is a BAD one, you can leave the bin lid open, and just drop wipes straight in as you use them. No trying to put stuff in a bag one handed, or accidentally dropping it out of the bag/ getting some on the outside - both of which I have done.

I actually get really irritated when I have to use nappy bags if the bin is full!
    I agree 100% but it would seem that for the most part we are the minority! I have found that a lot of people disagree - I have no idea why?!