+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you return lost toys or take them for your own kids?

So I was with my 2.5 yr old little girl at Coles today & she dropped her massive pink pony in an aisle (you couldn't miss it, it is the length of 2 bricks). We walked to the next aisle, realised she had dropped it and walked back to the previos aisel. All this happened in the space of 3 mins. In that time someone had taken the toy and walked off with it. My lil girl was so sad her pony was gone :-(

I just could not BELIEVE someone would take a child's toy! It made me so furious. If my kids find a toy when we are out we return it to the info desk to put in lost property. We don't keep it. And its not like a child would have taken the pony and their parents didn't realise because the pony was huge. Whoever it was knew what they were doing.

So do you take toys that you find when you are out? Or return them? Maybe I am in the minority.

Sorry for the rant! Rant over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Return it for sure, we have more than enough toys already. I imagine most kids would have an attachment to the toy too.

Maybe they are just slow in getting it to the desk. DH lost his keys in a supermarket car park and whoever found them did not return them for over an hour. They must have done their whole grocery shop and then decided to hand them to centre management. I'd return them straight away.

Maybe call the shop again in the morning and double check that it hasn't been handed in.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (15-05-2012),GypsyFortuneTeller  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will for sure. Lol but I was crazy enough to go down every aisel to check everyones trolley * under the aisel *just in case*. :-( I never saw it anywhere. Ha ha the things I do for my daughter!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always hand toys in that we find in stores, and i work in retail, lot's of people do hand them in.

How sad for your DD, i hope someone perhaps just had it in their trolley and meant to hand it in at the end of their shop. Perhaps give the store a call and see if it's been handed in?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

GypsyFortuneTeller  (15-05-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We never find lost toys, but if we did, there is no way we would keep it.

How heart breaking for your little girl xox

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

GypsyFortuneTeller  (15-05-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would most definately hand it in to someone in the store or give it to the people if I saw who it was.

One I wouldn't keep it over the germs it may or may not have and also its just not right to take someones toy. I would feel so bad for the child that lost it.

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would definitely hand it in .. I'm already trying to drill into my boys that if you FIND something it doesn't make it yours

Jack put a smurf on a shelf one day to look at something .. we walked off - realised .. raced back but it was gone

its sad that people are SO happy to take something that doesn't belong to them heartbreaking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your poor boy :-( I wish the smurf was there when you guys got back. I hate that feeling when you get back to the place it has to be and it isnt there :-(

Well! A guy at Coles just called me up to discuss a missing pink pony (he sounded really uncomfortable ha ha). Apparently my little cheaky rat put the pony on a supply trolley that got wheeled out into the store rooms and they just found it! We get to pick up the pony tomorrow. Lol my little girl has been asking about the pony all night. Thank goodness it hasn't been lost forever.

And I'm happy there isn't some person out there who may have taken it, IYKNIM?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GypsyFortuneTeller For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (16-05-2012),LlamaMa  (15-05-2012),Nmgb  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news!

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    oh yay!!! how wonderful