+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2nd c/s experience

Hi everyone, I'm scheduled to have mty 2nd c/s (first one was over 3 years ago) on 19th june..

Just wanting to know everyone's experience the second time around? More/less pain? What was the recovery like?

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was good. Recovered fast. Stayed in hospital longer tho I don't no why lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing as I'm having mine on 22nd June after 3 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    In comparision to my first, my 2nd was great. Staff were better, pain seemed better (although I think that was bc I knew what to expect). I bled for 2 weeks instead of 10, I healed nicely.

Despite really really wanting a VBAC it was actually a pretty positive birth For me the key was a decent ob and anesthesist 2nd time around, as opposed to the first ob and anesth. that didn't deserve to even practice.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    In comparision to my first, my 2nd was great. Staff were better, pain seemed better (although I think that was bc I knew what to expect). I bled for 2 weeks instead of 10, I healed nicely.

Despite really really wanting a VBAC it was actually a pretty positive birth For me the key was a decent ob and anesthesist 2nd time around, as opposed to the first ob and anesth. that didn't deserve to even practice.
    This, exactly this, except... First was the awesome one, second was horrendous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    This, exactly this, except... First was the awesome one, second was horrendous.
    sorry to hear that.

My second was much the same really. Recovery was probably less of a shock (at how painful it was) and so I started moving around earlier and more often.

Good luck with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My second was better.

For the actual op there was only one student in the theatre which made me more at ease, baby wasn't breech so it was quicker.

For the recovery my after pains were awful and much worse than the incision pain (you get after pains with both VB and CS), I was more active and mobile too, the whole experience was great.

I got higher strength pain relief (didn't with my first) by saying I was sore, but it was really for the after pains.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 2nd was better.... i took less drugs beforehand, as i knew what my body would and wouldn't tolerate, i knew how much pain the incision would be recovery wise, so i think knowing that, helped, (first time i had a shock. i never expected it to be so painful... ) i was up the next morning, which was great, just remember tho, even though it will all be familiar to you, don't forget to get plenty of rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I was also really shocked how bad the pain was for my first too. I knew what was coming though 2nd time around, and as I said that made it easier. Although my afterbirth pains were worse with my 2nd.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had zero pain first time around, no afterbirth pains or anything, and once the ataples were out i felt like id never had surgery.

Second was... The worst thing ive ever gone through, i cant tell what the afterpains were cause i was in a lot of pain from the op anyway (inadequete/no anesthesia)

Im quite terrified about this baby's birth. Currently just in denial!