+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plod1608 View Post
    I've got DD in her wrap with grobag over the top and no blankets. It's 2.5 tog, keeps her very toasty!
    What PJ's does she have on? I have been putting DD in a singlet and wondersuit, then her Ergo Coccoon, then some blankets on top with a heater as well. Where abouts are you guys? Is it cold there?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzee View Post
    Oh great advice, I do usually go in wait until he is calm and starting to fall asleep then I leave. So with your method does it not teach them to cry for that set amount of time knowing you will come and get them off to sleep soon? I'm so confused with this little man. The feeding to sleep is no longer working as he is really fussy on the breast at the moment, either another growth spurt or wonder week. I have plenty of milk so I'm not worried about it just waiting for it to pass.
    Just to clarify do you wait the 8 minutes like in SOS then if he is still crying go in and rock/pat to sleep or only if they are really upset? Thanks heaps
    What I did was waited the time - it was 2 mins when i did it with DD at about 3 weeks (tough love i know!) so 8 minutes - unless you can tell its a real cry cry not just a protest cry) and then went in and patted until asleep. It worked really well for me, I think the idea is to leave it longer before you go in each time rather than increasing the time they have to cry between being calm (hope that makes sense). It all seems so long ago now! Just whatever method you choose, I guess it's important to be consistent.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post

    I have DD's cot in her bedroom, the bassinette in our room. With both of those in your room no wonder your feeling crowded! I will most probably keep DD in our room until 6 months too. My DD hates tummy time too! She is so cheeky that now she just lays her head on the ground! How scary for you guys with your DS having an OP so young. I hope all is well with him now? He sounds like he is doing well! That is exciting to be starting solids. I wonder how he will react?
    Yes it was scary! Especially because we kept getting told (by doctors) that his symptoms were 'normal.' So frustrating, eventually we ended up in emergency. He is doing great now, thankfully. Re the solids, well he took a bit of the rice cereal but seemed much more interested in his bottle; I'll try him on some fruit puree today. your little one has it figured out during tummy time that's sooo cute, ha ha. I got him to go for minutes rather than seconds today before the frustrated yelling started
    Excuse the random question, but do you know what brand of cot mattress you have? Even though I have the standard Boori it feels hard and uncomfortable. I know they're meant to be firm, but I can't help thinking a few comfort layers would help him sleep better on it.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    694
    Thanked
    597
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzana View Post
    Yes it was scary! Especially because we kept getting told (by doctors) that his symptoms were 'normal.' So frustrating, eventually we ended up in emergency. He is doing great now, thankfully. Re the solids, well he took a bit of the rice cereal but seemed much more interested in his bottle; I'll try him on some fruit puree today. your little one has it figured out during tummy time that's sooo cute, ha ha. I got him to go for minutes rather than seconds today before the frustrated yelling started
    Excuse the random question, but do you know what brand of cot mattress you have? Even though I have the standard Boori it feels hard and uncomfortable. I know they're meant to be firm, but I can't help thinking a few comfort layers would help him sleep better on it.
    So glad that he is going great now! How did he go on the puree? I think our cot matteress is just from Ikea, as that is where we got our cot from. How has he been going sleeping in the cot?

    I just got my reminder letter that DD's 4 month needles are due I HATE taking her for needles its so traumatic for both of us. Do you get them done at 16 weeks - is that 4 months? Or do you do it a little bit later?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzana View Post
    Yes it was scary! Especially because we kept getting told (by doctors) that his symptoms were 'normal.' So frustrating, eventually we ended up in emergency. He is doing great now, thankfully. Re the solids, well he took a bit of the rice cereal but seemed much more interested in his bottle; I'll try him on some fruit puree today. your little one has it figured out during tummy time that's sooo cute, ha ha. I got him to go for minutes rather than seconds today before the frustrated yelling started
    Excuse the random question, but do you know what brand of cot mattress you have? Even though I have the standard Boori it feels hard and uncomfortable. I know they're meant to be firm, but I can't help thinking a few comfort layers would help him sleep better on it.
    I just use a folded cotton towell under bub, acts as a mattress protector and softens the mattress up a bit

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Plod1608 For This Useful Post:

    Suzana  (08-06-2012)

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    What PJ's does she have on? I have been putting DD in a singlet and wondersuit, then her Ergo Coccoon, then some blankets on top with a heater as well. Where abouts are you guys? Is it cold there?
    Sorry thought I'd replied to this!
    She has a short sleeved singlet (ones that does up under nappy), a long sleeved onsie (like a wonder suit), her arms up wrap and then a 2.5 grobag. No blankets (makes it so much easier to feed!) I then heat the room to about 22degrees. I'm near caboolture on the sunshine coast so doesn't get overly cold, coldest might get down to 16-18 degrees.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    So glad that he is going great now! How did he go on the puree? I think our cot matteress is just from Ikea, as that is where we got our cot from. How has he been going sleeping in the cot?

    I just got my reminder letter that DD's 4 month needles are due I HATE taking her for needles its so traumatic for both of us. Do you get them done at 16 weeks - is that 4 months? Or do you do it a little bit later?
    Thanks for that I took him for his shots yesterday and he's pretty cranky, and I'm pretty tired! 4 months is supposed to be the second round and I prefer to do them on time (and get them over with too). He's doing alright with the fruit puree, just a few tiny spoons of pears or apples once or twice a day, but not sure about the rice cereal, I think it gave him a tummy ache. So I'm leaving that for now. He's sleeping in the cot but I suspect still a bit uncomfy, I discovered it's the older Boori cot size so not too many options for replacement . How's your little one doing?

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    4
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Plod1608 View Post
    Sorry thought I'd replied to this!
    She has a short sleeved singlet (ones that does up under nappy), a long sleeved onsie (like a wonder suit), her arms up wrap and then a 2.5 grobag. No blankets (makes it so much easier to feed!) I then heat the room to about 22degrees. I'm near caboolture on the sunshine coast so doesn't get overly cold, coldest might get down to 16-18 degrees.
    That's interesting to hear because I've held off using the lovely 2.5 tog I bought him in case he gets too warm, and it'd be colder here than where you are. I tend to also dress him in a short sleeve and then a long sleeve onesie, and then the standard Halo sleepsack which is just cotton; plus the room heater, no blankets.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    70
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    7
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzana View Post
    That's interesting to hear because I've held off using the lovely 2.5 tog I bought him in case he gets too warm, and it'd be colder here than where you are. I tend to also dress him in a short sleeve and then a long sleeve onesie, and then the standard Halo sleepsack which is just cotton; plus the room heater, no blankets.
    Yeah I know if you go off the grobag temperature thing it says it has to be 16-18 degrees or something! It is uk based though. I've found she never gets too hot in that though, just nice and toasty


 

Similar Threads

  1. Do you have easy babies, difficult babies or a mixture of both?
    By CuddlesAwait in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 31-10-2012, 10:44
  2. What age gap between babies?
    By webby in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2012, 11:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!