+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the good advice! I might try a grobag which he won't be able to wriggle out of and get cold. I discovered on the weekend the Crawler huggies fits and is much roomier, perhaps a more comfy sleep? he's still snoozing now, usually he has me up at 6! The next challenge seems to be getting him used to his new cot - he's outgrowing the bassinet fast but doesn't seem to get a good sleep in the cot. I hope he'll get used to it, argggh. He has been cooing and chatting for a while, - over the weekend this went up a notch into more like a yell, was too funny. Have a great week, Sue

Thanks
    Reviews
    French pear, how do you find you go with the SOS routines? I'm running off it as well - basically the 2hr up, 2 hr down. Works great during the day but I find the night settling a challenge, she wakes up after 40 mins so we are looking at extending the wake time a bit to see how that goes.
    What's your little one up 2? We have found our hands and everything goes in the gob!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! My little man was 3 months yesterday. I would love to get him into a routine but he only catnaps 10-20 minutes here and there and it's making it impossible, I have tried the SOS just can't stick with it for this reason. He sleep ok at night usually waking 1-2 times but the last week has decided to stay awake for an hour at these wake ups :/ would also live to know what others are doing

Thanks
    Reviews
    As Ive said before, we're following the little contented baby book. My girl tends to sleep well overnight with her last feed at 10.30pm, she slept until 6am. This isn't every night mind you, we've had nights with wake up calls every two hours!
    With her day naps, she loves the 45 min wake up. I've been resettling her which works most days. I am going to try and stop using the dummy in the next few days so that should be interesting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies my dd is 10weeks old and we have also followed SOS. She sleeps great of a night following the routine but during the day only cat naps for 1 sleep cycle! If we are out and about in the pram or car she sleeps longer or if she is held but will not re settle if in her cot of a day.
    At night she resettles all the time!!
    Any advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 25andhopeful View Post
    Hi ladies my dd is 10weeks old and we have also followed SOS. She sleeps great of a night following the routine but during the day only cat naps for 1 sleep cycle! If we are out and about in the pram or car she sleeps longer or if she is held but will not re settle if in her cot of a day.
    At night she resettles all the time!!
    Any advice?
    Hi, which routine are you up 2? At 10 weeks you would have just gone onto the 2hr up, 2 hr down routine? I found I really had to stick to keeping my bub up for the whole time or she would just catnap, I thought I had her tired signs figured out until I started stretching her out and realized that yes, she was tired, she was only tired enough for a short snooze (40-45), if you're not doing the whole awake time and putting bub to bed early, maybe try and stretch it out an extra 5-10 minutes each day until you get your bub to stay awake the whole time. I found it takes alot of distraction techniques! But I figured it's better for them to be super tired and have a good sleep than wake up after a nap cranky! Sounds silly to suggest keeping them up longer to make them
    Sleep longer, but it worked for me! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzee View Post
    Hi! My little man was 3 months yesterday. I would love to get him into a routine but he only catnaps 10-20 minutes here and there and it's making it impossible, I have tried the SOS just can't stick with it for this reason. He sleep ok at night usually waking 1-2 times but the last week has decided to stay awake for an hour at these wake ups :/ would also live to know what others are doing
    Hi!
    Have you tried some self-settling techniques? Does your little guy put himself to sleep yet or still getting fed, rocked to sleep (nothing wrong with that!) only that he might be using this to associate with sleep and can't put himself back to sleep when hes moving into that next sleep cycle (they can be as short as 20 mins at that age I think) - sorry if I'm telling you what you already know. I've posted a bit of info to '25 and hopeful' about maybe keeping bub up a bit longer. Those night wake ups sound fun! Do u feed in really low light, no noise etc?
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plod1608 View Post
    French pear, how do you find you go with the SOS routines? I'm running off it as well - basically the 2hr up, 2 hr down. Works great during the day but I find the night settling a challenge, she wakes up after 40 mins so we are looking at extending the wake time a bit to see how that goes.
    What's your little one up 2? We have found our hands and everything goes in the gob!!
    We are going really well with the SOS routine, we are still running the 8 week routine as DD doesn't seem to be able to make it to the 9:00am nap time in the mornings.. She doesn't ever make the full sleep cycles though so I may have to try and push her to the 9:00am sleep time. How do you find the SOS routines?

We are really lucky with the night times as DD does sleep through. I put her down at 6:30pm and she sleeps till 7am. What time are you puttting your little one down at night? Do you do bath, bottle, bed? We do bath, bottle, books and then bed. I'm terrible at re-settling! I find it so hard not to talk/look at her. I'm a sucker!!!

DD has found her hands and they are always in her mouth too. She isn't really picking anything up as yet. Is anyone's little ones picking things up? She is swatting at her play gym but thats it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzana View Post
    The next challenge seems to be getting him used to his new cot - he's outgrowing the bassinet fast but doesn't seem to get a good sleep in the cot. I hope he'll get used to it, argggh. He has been cooing and chatting for a while, - over the weekend this went up a notch into more like a yell, was too funny. Have a great week, Sue
    I have just transitioned DD into her cot for day sleeps. She sleeps in a moses basket next to our bed but is outgrowing it very quicky. To do this I put her basket into the cot for all her day sleeps for a week, then I put her into her cot which she hated so I rolled a bamboo wrap and put it around her head to make a bassinette curve shape as this is how she sleeps in her moses basket, with her face right up against the side at the top (she is a wriggler) this has worked! She is still in her basket at night, as I'm not ready for her to be in her own room yet. How has your DS been going in the cot this week? The cooing and chatting is so cute. We are not up to the yelling stage yet, DD is still very quiet at talking.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to French Pear For This Useful Post:

Suzana  (29-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    We are going really well with the SOS routine, we are still running the 8 week routine as DD doesn't seem to be able to make it to the 9:00am nap time in the mornings.. She doesn't ever make the full sleep cycles though so I may have to try and push her to the 9:00am sleep time. How do you find the SOS routines?

We are really lucky with the night times as DD does sleep through. I put her down at 6:30pm and she sleeps till 7am. What time are you puttting your little one down at night? Do you do bath, bottle, bed? We do bath, bottle, books and then bed. I'm terrible at re-settling! I find it so hard not to talk/look at her. I'm a sucker!!!

DD has found her hands and they are always in her mouth too. She isn't really picking anything up as yet. Is anyone's little ones picking things up? She is swatting at her play gym but thats it.
    Hi,
    I find the SOS routines good, they give me an idea of what to run off anyway, I'm flexible with them though if I can see bub needs to go to sleep a bit early etc. I've been putting bub to bed at 7 each night but like I said we have that wake up after 40 mins. It's usually about 9 then by the time she goes to sleep - and then at least 2 feeds overnight! So a long way off sleeping that wonderful long stretch! Are u bottle or breast feeding? I'm breast feeding so wondering if that makes any difference to night sleeps. Yes we do half feed, then bath, then play/cuddle then finish feed, then bed.
    Do u miss that arvo snooze on the SOS routines and that's why you put your bub down at 6.30pm?
    My bub is swatting at play gym too, grabs at things hanging and sticks them in her mouth - its very cute. We had a mirror propped up for her this morning and she was laughing at herself