+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah, the morning, noon and night sickness. I got it bad so I really feel for you. I got it so badly I ended up in hospital a few times with hyperemesis gravidarum (disgusting, rabid morning sickness, basically intractable vomiting). I had to be rehydrated by IV drip, and even hurled all the way through the pg and the delivery. Four hours after bubs was out, it was gone, thank the gods. Aaaarggh Urgh. It's really coming back to me now... Ick.

For most women, it peaks between 9-11wks, and is usually greatly diminished by the 14th wk, when the growth hormone levels stop climbing.

PP who said eat before you get up, that's great advice. For me, it started for the day the second I rolled out of bed and got up. I used to lie about trying to put off the inevitable rise to go to the loo! Keep dry crackers by your bed, take preventative Motilium (a whole one) thrice daily if symptoms warrant it. The ginger helped me a little, and the acu-pressure 'Sea-bands' (wrist bands from the pharmacy) helped sometimes. Keeping food in your stomach really helps, as when your blood glucose levels drop, it seems to worsen.

I spent literally 6-8hrs most days cycling between the bath and the shower, as the water stimulation on your skin keeps your mind off the nausea. That was my saviour.

If you really can't keep anything down, Sustagen-type drinks, Up and Go (those liquid weet-bix drinks) are a godsend. Watch out for your triggers and stay away from them, avoid coffee (if you can!), and take your pg vitamins in the evening, as they can also turn your stomach. Stay away from strong scents, also ~ they bring on attacks.

Don't use the acupressure point between your thumb and first finger to relieve as with usual nausea and pain ~ this is contraindicated in pg.

Keep your water intake up!

Try to distract yourself with telly or radio, friends, conversation or crafts ~ whatever you can do to keep your mind off it. Keep your minds eye on the prize at the end ~ your gorgeous bub, and remember us Mums can do superhuman things (like put up with hideous morn. sickness) for our babies.

These are the things that got me through, plus medical intervention at times). If you've been vomiting more than usual for you, feel faint, or can't keep anything at all down, go to emergency dept or a doctor if you can.

Hope something here can help, and good luck with your pg. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Lol I was about to suggest watermelon! It really helped me when I had morning sickness but I wasnt throwing up so have no idea what its like coming back up!
    I guess watermelon is not acidic so it would be alright, I was eating grapes... Still haven't been able to eat another one since lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    Id see a doctor. Morning sickness usually doesnt hit until 6 weeks pregnant, once the fertilised egg is causing your oestrogen levels to rise. Since you only conceived 3 days ago, the illness is likely to be something else.
    In fact its pretty amazing that you had a positive pregnancy test this early!
    Conceived 3 days ago??? That seems really unusual? To already have positive bloods too- and posting the day before that about it? So 2 days before?? Is that even possible? Then to have severe MS too? Wow, you wouldn't even have had a missed period yet- are you sure about your dates etc? Perhaps you are further than you thought?
    Either way, nothing helped for my MS except toast after the first bout in the morning, then constant nibbling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PP I think is spot on there ~ get checked out in case the nausea is something else! A BFP is impossible before implantation, am I right, girls? Plus MornSick not likely to happen till implantation sending the growth hormones in your system haywire. That said, I hope it is a dates thing and that you are indeed pg. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your correct we went to the doctor and we were a month off on our dates I assumed we got pregnant this month because I thought I had my period last month. It also turns out its not morning sickness at all. Sorry everyone I'm sure you think I'm crazy

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So you are preg but it's not morning sickness? Confusing!
    Hope you feel better OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh ok, Well I hope youre feeling better anyway

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I have a virus its not morning sickness .... yet! Ha

Sent from my VM670 using BubHub