+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be telling my daughter "sorry sweetie, but I'm going to have to do something about this, it's just not on. I'll make sure they know you didn't want to be involved, but as your mother, I'm not letting it slide."

Then I'd be up there at the school, approach the teacher, let him know your daughter didn't want to say anything but you think as a teacher he should be made aware of his actions. If his response is jerk like, I'd take it higher. It's not a joke and she could have been seriously injured. All it takes is one incident and some poor child will be left with some sort of injury, imagine if he caused a spinal injury, wouldn't be so cool then.

Definitely, say something. Apologize to your daughter, one day she'll get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd report it. Humiliating a student and risking injury like that is not on!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd just talk to the teacher privately and get the feeling from that convo.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubs'n'Roses View Post
    I'd be telling my daughter "sorry sweetie, but I'm going to have to do something about this, it's just not on. I'll make sure they know you didn't want to be involved, but as your mother, I'm not letting it slide."

Then I'd be up there at the school, approach the teacher, let him know your daughter didn't want to say anything but you think as a teacher he should be made aware of his actions. If his response is jerk like, I'd take it higher. It's not a joke and she could have been seriously injured. All it takes is one incident and some poor child will be left with some sort of injury, imagine if he caused a spinal injury, wouldn't be so cool then.

Definitely, say something. Apologize to your daughter, one day she'll get it.
    This! And who knows your DD might not be the only one he has done something silly or dangerous to.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report it. It's not on and maybe they could move her to another class. Or better yet suspend the supposed 'cool' or should be say 'cruel' teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What a quandary and I can understand why you're asking what we'd all do.

I know for me, I would be grappling with the Lioness in me wanting to protect my Cub, but on the other hand, not wanting my DD to go to School and have the dreaded fear of being alienated further or seen as a 'dobber' as such. Such a yuck situation all around.

I have no doubt that this Mr R has been waiting for something to come of this, surely he wouldn't think that he has gotten away with it, he is probably on tenterhooks knowing he's likely to be spoken to about this, and if not, I would be very surprised.

All that said, I would be inclined to speak to him AND tell him that your daughter didn't want you to, as she was worried about the possible repercussions from him and the students of doing so and really stress and let it be known to him that you are speaking with him about the incident against your daughter's wishes.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Eleven Eleven  (16-05-2012),twotrunks  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melting Mayo View Post
    Morning all - I have a bit of a dilemma at the moment. DD is in Year 8 at school. There is a 'cool' male teacher who all of the kids love and adore because he is younger and fun ra ra ra. Okay - so DD came home from school the other day and told me that this teacher (we'll call him Mr R) had made her cry today. So I kept asking questions to get to the bottom of things and basically what happened was DD leant across out of her chair to get a calculator, Mr R was behind her chair, and pulled it out from underneath her as she went to sit down. This resulted in her landing flat on her back and everyone laughing - which in turn ended in her crying because of a hurt back and also because of the embarrassment that it caused. He then apparently apologised. Her back (thankfully) is all okay but it could have been a lot worse.

Now - before I became a SAHM I was an HR Consultant for an Education Department. I know what could happen to this teacher if this incident was reported officially. BUT - DD has BEGGED me not to say anything - because she is worried that this 'cool' teacher will treat her differently if he gets into trouble for this.

What would you do? P.S. her pop has found out and wants to go and throttle this teacher. Which he wouldn't really do- but it's just his way of making it clear to me that he doesn't just want it left......
    Call up the teacher and just have a general chat about your child and then slip in a very informal chat about the incident so u get the whole story. No point going I guns blazing. I would definitely call, a professional teacher would never let a parent issue get in the way of a child's education.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniquey View Post
    What a quandary and I can understand why you're asking what we'd all do.

I know for me, I would be grappling with the Lioness in me wanting to protect my Cub, but on the other hand, not wanting my DD to go to School and have the dreaded fear of being alienated further or seen as a 'dobber' as such. Such a yuck situation all around.

I have no doubt that this Mr R has been waiting for something to come of this, surely he wouldn't think that he has gotten away with it, he is probably on tenterhooks knowing he's likely to be spoken to about this, and if not, I would be very surprised.

All that said, I would be inclined to speak to him AND tell him that your daughter didn't want you to, as she was worried about the possible repercussions from him and the students of doing so and really stress and let it be known to him that you are speaking with him about the incident against your daughter's wishes.

^^^ Thuis is actually the best advice given so far IMO. Talk to him about it.. I'd tell him you're not taking it any further at this point but if your daughter is harrassed by him on any level you'll be taking it to the principal and/or education department. He'll want nothing to come of it and he'll shut his mouth and treat your daughter with respect if he really wants to continue teaching.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would report it. I would explain to dd that I'm sorry but I have to as your
    Mum can't do nothing about this. That's not on. A teacher is there to teach. Not belittle and embarrass the children in his care. I don't think this teacher has what it takes to be a teacher. His not mature enough his acting like his one of the kids not the adult in the room.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (16-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any updates OP?