+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Report it.
    "mr r" is already treating her differently and it's totally unacceptable.
    Alternatively get Pop to pick up your daughter one day and point out the teacher in question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report it!
    Your daughter will get over it and if u dont im worried what else he may do and your daughter might not be so willing to tell you the second time

Sent from my MotoA953 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would talk to my daughter and get her permission to talk to the teacher.

then i would go see him and Explain the danger of what he did and let him know it was inappropriate.
    i would tell him i would not report it, but would keep a record an have a dr check out my Dd.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldnt report him as such, i would go and talk to him and ask why he thought doing such a thing was alright, why he thought it wouldnt be classed as bullying etc.

as others have said if it was a student who did it you wouldn't be asking oh should i report it as the kid would have already been punished etc.

I dont think you should let it go without some sort of talk with the teacher.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a high school teacher myself I often read these kind of threads and roll my eyes about over the top parents. But what you have described is appalling, and I would definitely report it. Your poor daughter Don't let him get away with doing that- its bullying.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysurprisebaby For This Useful Post:

squirrelex  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BerylsMum View Post
    I would talk to my daughter and get her permission to talk to the teacher.

then i would go see him and Explain the danger of what he did and let him know it was inappropriate.
    i would tell him i would not report it, but would keep a record an have a dr check out my Dd.
    i think this is the best option.

I would explain to DD that I would not be "reporting him" or getting him in trouble, but I would want to hhear his side and make sure that he understood just how dangerous his actions were.

The first question I would ask "what would happen if another student had done exactly what he did?"

and go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And just wanted to add- if you are sure your daughters version of events is accurate, then I wouldn't speak to the teacher, I'd go straight to the principal/deputy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'd explain to my DD why i felt i needed to talk to him about it, if she was really adamant that dhe didnt wabt it taken further i'd respect that. If I told my mum something like that and she went behind my back and reported it/brought it up with him, I'd be very unlikely to trust her again. I'd be worried that if something serious happened, she wouldn't trust me enough to tell me next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't report it as if i was your dd and said don't say anything and u did i would never tell u anything again..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Report it. Tell your daughter you will be reporting it and it will be easier with her agreement.

He's not a 'cool' teacher, he's a fool and placed your daughter's health and well being at risk. What makes it worse, he's actually paid to CARE for your DD and other students. his actions are a dereliction of duty - he FAILED in his duty of care.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (16-05-2012),MommaBear  (15-05-2012)