+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Groin pain... Normal?

I am 29 weeks but over the last few days have had pain downstairs, in my top inner thighs and back so badly that I can barely walk. It's not braxton hicks (as I get this too) but I am unsure if this is normal and all part of the pregnancy package or I should be worried? I am a first time mum so am clueless with what is normal for pregnancy! :S

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 29 weeks too and suffering the exact same thing! I am going to ask my ob on Monday if I should be worried about the pain down there. It feels like I have pulled my groin muscle on one side and sciatica down the right side of my body from backside to my ankle. I feel your pain!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I don't know if what I had is the same thing but I had these pains really badly from very early in my pregnancy ( from 12 weeks) it kills to roll over in bed and to stand from a seated position. I even had trouble walking. Apparently the hormone relaxin can kick in which helps everything move during birth. If it kicks in early it can cause pelvic pain because your pelvis is no longer stable and moves around. I was able to buy a brace for about $30 from the hospital that helps to hold everything together. The pain never went away completely untill DD was 4 months. Unfortunately my doc said this is just something you have to put up with. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been getting sciatica pain in my right side since about 15 weeks. I also got this with my first pregnancy.
    But i have also been getting groin pain, and pain in my upper-inner left leg (which is similar to what u are describing and very different to sciatica pain) this time which i never got last time. I have been getting this pain for the last 8 weeks on and off, and i am 28 weeks today. I have had a look around on the net and i think it might be SPD or something similar?? I haven't mentioned it to my doc as it is bearable as long as i don't do too much walking or physical activity.

If you are really worried mention it to your doc or ob!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It does sound like SPD. I had horrible pains the same as you have described. I too got to the point that I could barely walk. I haven't told my doc or had it diagnosed, but I read up about the symptoms of SPD and how you can help reduce the pain (and just generally being really concious of avoiding stress), and it's helped sooo much. I still get the occassional twang of horrible pain, but at least it's not constant all day, every day and night.

Some of the tips include trying to avoid movements with legs apart (get in and out of cars, bed etc by swining both legs around and keeping together), avoid stairs where possible, get dressed while sitting down etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like SPD to me. It got pretty unbearable as I got bigger. I'd go to a doctor, get a referral to a good physiotherapist who deals with pregnant women, get them to show you some exercises you can do and buy a hip support belt.
    Sleeping with a pillow between my legs helped as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all!! I will get this checked out next week when I have my next checkup.