+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no that sucks! I have mine tomorrow 7:00am boooo....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had mine last week at 27w. It would have been okay if it was a bit more carbonated!

I didn't have to book in, just went to the public hospital and pathology section where they take blood and had it done straight away. Make sure you take something to do. It's a long 1hr wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine earlier today. Sporting a nice headache now from the sugar crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    My test last week came back high Was such a shock. I keep guiltily thinking of the lemonade and chocolates i have had

I am now doing the two hour GTT test. Has anyone had a high initial test but then not been diagnosed with GD?
    Yes, with my ds my levels from the gct came back just over what they like to see so I had to do the gtt, which came back clear.

Good luck I hope you don't have gd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the two hr test last week and omg the green drink is bad! I've heard the clear drink for the one hour test tastes so much better!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies I feel better now but I literally felt like I was going to vomit for like 2 hours - they said the results will go to my ob tomorrow - which is pretty quick thought it would take while.

I didn't have to book - just had to go in.

Really hope I don't want to go back to do the 2 hour one

Good luck everyone getting it done or who has had it done

Thanks
    Reviews
    My test last week came back high Was such a shock. I keep guiltily thinking of the lemonade and chocolates i have had

I am now doing the two hour GTT test. Has anyone had a high initial test but then not been diagnosed with GD?
    Update: my results for the two hour test came back clear so I don't have diabetes I wonder why my first test was so high though... Your blood sugar level should be below 7.8 and mine was at 11! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: my results for the two hour test came back clear so I don't have diabetes I wonder why my first test was so high though... Your blood sugar level should be below 7.8 and mine was at 11! Any ideas?
    Good news!

Did you eat anything just prior to the test that may have had your sugar levels up before drinking the drink?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had you been fasting prior to the glucose challenge test ? What had you eaten the previous day and the day of the test ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    Had you been fasting prior to the glucose challenge test ? What had you eaten the previous day and the day of the test ?
    I can't remember what I ad eaten the day before, I might have had three or four chocolates after dinner. I wonder if tht did it. I had crumpets and coffee for breakfast and then nothing for about 6 hours before the test (we were shopping and time just flew past!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't remember what I ad eaten the day before, I might have had three or four chocolates after dinner. I wonder if tht did it. I had crumpets and coffee for breakfast and then nothing for about 6 hours before the test (we were shopping and time just flew past!)
    Hmmm
    At work we recommend that patients try to eat a high carb diet a few days prior to the test.
    Glad that your gtt came back ok and that you don't have gd