+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default What size dog coat?

Does anyone know what size winter coat I should get for my lab?

She is only 5 months but still rather big and growing very quickly.

I'm a bit lost about what size I should get?

She is 50/50 inside/outside dog so when she is out of a morning I want her to be very warm and toasty.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    You need to measure from her collar to where her tail starts and take that measurement to the shop the sizes will be in CM based on that measurement. Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by believe View Post
    Hi
    You need to measure from her collar to where her tail starts and take that measurement to the shop the sizes will be in CM based on that measurement. Hope that helps!
    Thanks! Would it be good to get one a bit bigger as she is only a pup or just buy 2? Thanks again.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you getting it online or at a store?
    If it were me, Id measure, but also take your dog to the local pet shop (most here let you take your pets in) and try some on and find out what fits best and what suits their movements and stuff. Ive bought 2 dog coats for my chihuahua that way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Are you getting it online or at a store?
    If it were me, Id measure, but also take your dog to the local pet shop (most here let you take your pets in) and try some on and find out what fits best and what suits their movements and stuff. Ive bought 2 dog coats for my chihuahua that way
    Thanks hun. I was going to buy off line or make an indoor one but I have also found a good site who make all Australian dog coats so if I can't get an Australian made at the shops I'd like to buy one from their site.

I'll have a look at our big pet shop then take the ratbag down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MOst pet storess stock Weatherbeeta (also horse rug brand) They should also be more than happy to let you try it on her. Usually the velcro in the chest is adjustable enough that you would be able to get a slightly bigger one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Keerah View Post
    MOst pet storess stock Weatherbeeta (also horse rug brand) They should also be more than happy to let you try it on her. Usually the velcro in the chest is adjustable enough that you would be able to get a slightly bigger one
    Oh excellent! Thanks very much!!