+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Broken Sleeper

My DD is 6 months old and after being awake for a few hours in the late afternoon / early evening with a play, bath, feed sleep routine she usually goes down really well and not taotally wake for a feed for about 8 hours but every couple of hours she will cry out. I go in and she is still asleep but crying. I pop the dummy in and she settles and stops crying.

Any ideas on what might be casuing this?
    Could it be her teeth?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the same issues and what they have done to stop it?

Cheers
    Emzy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Emzy

My 7 month old baby boy is pretty similar, he is a really good sleeper at night and will normally sleep from around 7pm through to about 6.30/7am the next morning.

A couple of weeks ago he got his first tooth and for about 10 days before that he would wake up screaming blue murder about 2 or 3 times during the night which was so out of character for him. Most of the time a cuddle would settle him down and he would go back to sleep. Other times I would get up to him but by the time I'd gotten to him he'd settled himself down again. (He won't take a dummy anymore) I'd given up on teething as they started bothering him at around 4 months and took forever to come through. He has started it up again and I'm wondering whether the top teeth are starting to come through now. I've been putting Bonjela on his gums when the cuddle won't work and I have baby Nurofen on hand as a last resort. Apparently this is better than baby Panadol as it is anti-inflammatory(??!!).

I've also heard that they can have night terrors around this age (baby nightmares) and I don't think you can do anything about them.

I hope this helps a little bit? It is so hard to know what to do!

cheers
    Laila