+ Reply to Thread
    littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone started an IVF cycle days after laparoscopy/hysteroscopy?

Hello all

Last Friday I had "the full service" of laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, D&C and dye studies. I had an endometrial cyst and some small endo patches (all removed fine I believe) and everything else looks good. Now the plan is to pick up the first batch of IVF meds and begin our cycle this Thursday - EPU would then be around June 10. ICSI is necessary due to male factor infertility.

Has anyone else started IVF so soon after this kind of surgery? FS has said it will be fine, but I can wait if I like. I don't want to wait per se; I think I am just struggling with the idea of having our first attempt at conception whilst I am still so sore...and needing to take painkillers for the shoulder pain from the gas (although I am sure I won't need those for too much longer). I spent so long trying to be as healthy as possible prior to babymaking that it doesn't seem right to go for it when I am so weak and pathetic! But then again I suppose the IVF meds will also knock me around a little, so doing it all at once means less time overall being weak and pathetic...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, my FS said I could start right away but for financial reasons we delayed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I did. I had a Lap, hyst & NK cell biopsy on Jun 9th 2011. I started jabbing 4 days after the surgery. My DH did the needles in my butt cheek the first few days as my stomach was too sore & bruised from the lap incisions. 7 days after the lap I felt fully back to normal & then it was just like any other IVF cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS said the opposite, he wanted me to have a month off after my hysteroscopy which was done on Friday. They actually only did a endometrial biopsy as everything else looked good.

I am now actually going to do an egg collection but no transfer. So confusing all these clinics with different protocols.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    id personally wait a month for things to settle down. I had similar to you with severe endo and multiple cysts and i cant imagine then going straight into IVF after that. It took me a good 2 weeks to get over the lap, and when we did IVF the drugs and then the pain of EPU all in one go would just have been far too much.

littlesunflowers is offline It's not about the seeds - it's how you grow the flowers
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. Well I was worried about the time taken for lap recovery but aside from when I bump the actual stitches the lap pain itself is receding faster than I thought. It's the shoulder pain that's hanging on (I had a preexisting condition there). I didn't have severe endo, well not that I've been told, so maybe that's why the pain isn't so bad - less fiddling about. Is EPU pain worse than lap recovery pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    EPU recovery is much easier than the lap. I feel fine again within 2 days after my EPUs.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all of your input. I spoke to the nurse this morning and she said that although I might still feel like an invalid, I can expect to be recovered by the time I start on FSH injections (I'm only sniffing for the first week or so of the cycle). I except to get AF next week so there is also that opportunity for things to be briefly normal and settle down. So since today was the day to start meds if I was going ahead - I went ahead, which will hopefully be the right choice for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd pop back and update this thread for the benefit of anyone looking for this experience in the forums. I ended up healing pretty slow after my surgery - I started Synarel on schedule, but once AF arrived the cramps were shocking and I was not well enough for injections. I just stayed on the Synarel a fortnight longer, which for me worked kind of like a pause button - I was ready to go on at any time and nothing was happening while we waited. So all good.

Sadly I still don't feel "normal" after the lap (5 weeks out) - still getting some mild discomfort. Nothing to worry about, and it's improving, it's just a bit annoying!