+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default baby swing automatic which is best

Hi
    I want to buy my 6 week old an auto swin..he loves to be rocked in his rocker to sleep so this way im HOPING i will be able to put him in an auto one and be able to leave his side to do things at home.
    Have you got one? if so which one and did it work for your baby?

I was thinking of buying him one that he would sit up right in and more use his legs to bounce because i can see him loving that too! but that will be when he is older.. need something for now otherwise im sitting on the couch with him unable to move all day.
    recommendations welcome!! thanks

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What about a baby carrier, ring sling or wrap instead? Your baby is still so little they will greatly benefit from being close to you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi thanks for the reply.. i did buy a carrier too. he does like it but not for long. Also was hoping to be able to take a break to eat which is why i thought the swing would be a good idea.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one of these second hand on eBay : http://www.thefirstyears.com/product...2?locale=en_US

My best purchase for DD bar none! I was flat out even making any breakfast till I got it. She loves it and is 3.5 months now.

*edit* I bought a sling to and kind of alternated between the two. If DH and I go out for breaky (my favourite meal of the day) I always put DD in the sling even now. Especially now with the cooler weather.
    Last edited by Mrs E; 14-05-2012 at 18:28.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs E For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (22-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't go check what brand it is at the monent as I have a baby attached to me but DD is 8 weeks old and I made sooo many attempts to carry her first in a sling and she wasn't interested and then a friend lent me a bjorn carrier.. Again she was not interested but put her in the electric swing another friend lent me.. Aaahhhh bliss! I can shower, i can make a cup of tea or hang out some washing.

So even though I don't know about brands I hope you get a decent one and it's as helpful as mine has been for me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Without a doubt
    Fisher price my little lamb papasan swing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I have a Fisher Price My Little Lamb swing. DS loves it! He's 4 months old and we have used the swing since he was a few days old. Best purchase!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kim85 View Post
    hi thanks for the reply.. i did buy a carrier too. he does like it but not for long. Also was hoping to be able to take a break to eat which is why i thought the swing would be a good idea.
    I had a bouncer for the same reason, and so I could pop DD in it while I got in/out the shower (I showered with her). I've had a fisher price papasam (sp?) swing, it was very nice but I sold it because my older toddler (14 months) would not leave it alone when it was on

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Little Lamb!!! I first bought a Chicco Polly swing which is great because it folds down but it switches off every 30 min as a safety feature. The My Little Lamb just keeps going. It has kept me a sane mummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fisher price little lamb swing, best baby purchase we ever made by far!!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub