+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default One simple thing changed everything!

My baby boy who is 14 weeks has been a horrible sleeper since he was born. Most nights it takes three hrs to get him to sleep then he wakes every two hrs then by two am every hr. I have asked for advice from CHN s plus three different doctors and they all brush me off as a first time mum telling me it's normal or let him cry because he has to learn. I wasn't happy with either of those options so finally went to one last dr. He actually listened. Asked questions and checked him out. Finally he said he has a little bit of a red bottom I think he has lactose issues. He is getting too much and his body can't process it which is giving him wind and causing pain. Feed him every four hrs only from one side. As the lactose is in the first part of the milk. So I tried it and first night he slept 7 hrs straight!! Omg something do simple changed our whole night sleeping!!!!! We still have the problems getting him to sleep but once he is he is sleeping soooo well now! Everyone may already know this but this dr was the first one to actually offer a plan or something helpful. So glad I gave it a go- it is hard feeding every four hrs the last hr we sing, walk around and do anything to distract him. But so worth it for him to sleep well and not have bags under his poor little eyes. Some doctors are worth their weight in gold!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on finding a doctor that listened. Hopefully the sleep only gets better from here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like this doctor is a keeper for your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news! Ds was a horrible sleeper right from the beginning and I didn't find out he was lactose intolerant until I put him on formula at one. Poor thing. I too went to different drs and my CHN (who told me to just let him cry) with no answers. Glad you found a way to help him and still BF. And didn't have to let him suffer for a year like me

Thanks
    Reviews
    That really is simple, enjoy catching up on sleep!

Sent from my LT15i