+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sleep solution- one simple thing changed everything!!!!

My baby boy who is 14 weeks has been a horrible sleeper since he was born. Most nights it takes three hrs to get him to sleep then he wakes every two hrs then by two am every hr. I have asked for advice from CHN s plus three different doctors and they all brush me off as a first time mum telling me it's normal or let him cry because he has to learn. I wasn't happy with either of those options so finally went to one last dr. He actually listened. Asked questions and checked him out. Finally he said he has a little bit of a red bottom I think he has lactose issues. He is getting too much and his body can't process it which is giving him wind and causing pain. Feed him every four hrs only from one side. As the lactose is in the first part of the milk. So I tried it and first night he slept 7 hrs straight!! Omg something do simple changed our whole night sleeping!!!!! We still have the problems getting him to sleep but once he is he is sleeping soooo well now! Everyone may already know this but this dr was the first one to actually offer a plan or something helpful. So glad I gave it a go- it is hard feeding every four hrs the last hr we sing, walk around and do anything to distract him. But so worth it for him to sleep well and not have bags under his poor little eyes. Some doctors are worth their weight in gold!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 used to get too much foremilk too so I expressed the first bit off so she got lots of hind milk then I switched her to the other side & let her drink as much as she wanted. Then I did reverse for next feed. She eventually got big enough to handle the whole feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did block feeding too Still on demand though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by captainscaptain View Post
    We did block feeding too Still on demand though.
    Us too. I had the same prob so I now feed DD left breast for 3 hours then right breast for 3 hours. She will usually feed hourly so have 3 feeds on left then 3 on the right.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is awesome that someone finally listened to you and that you went with your instinct. I wish I tried this with my DS when he was younger.

Hopefully more good nights ahead for you