+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    to what your MIL said!!!
    regardless of your feelings and thoughts on number 3, that is not anything you ever want to see of hear come from your MIL's mouth!

My FIL didn't have the best reaction to our angel baby pregnancy, but he never looked at me with disgust! and If he had even of tired I would have had no problems pointing out that his son was actually the one who wanted to start trying before our wedding...

My MIL is a strange one, there's no doubt about her. She's never been one to show any positive emotion, telling her there's a grandchild coming is like telling her it's starting to rain outside...the reaction is pretty similar 'oh, okay.' I will never forget her reaction with DS though, and then for Mother's Day that year DH bought a frame and put a pic of our girls in it and a 3d pic of DS in utero in it and her response to that was 'oh yuck, why would you give me that for a present, I don't want to see that.' Another time she proceeded to tell me that my perfectly healthy, chubby BABY nephew was fat. 'Look at him, he is sooo fat. His legs are sooooo fat. He's so big, such a fat baby, he shouldn't be fat he is just a baby.'
    Needless to say hanging out with my MIL isn't high on my list of priorities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There are some weird people out there. It's like they say "You can't pick your family", but man! I wished sometimes I could! I guess every family has a skeleton or 2......

My sister is 4,5 years older than me, but when I'm asked if my sister is older or younger I usually say "Physically older, mentally younger"
    I would love to stay at my parents for a few weeks, but I'm sure they wouldn't be overly happy with that one lol. The longest I could last is 3-4 days maximum. It's not a big deal to her anyway. She only has a shower once a week and just "washes" herself in the laundry over the rest of the week.
    There's a toilet in the garage as well, plus it's all insulated and she even has a heater, TV, internet, DVD player, electric blanket, etc.
    She really doesn't have to go anywhere.

But yes, I am shocked at some of the reactions you ladies have had from family members. Whether they are blood related or not, they should know better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    She only has a shower once a week and just "washes" herself in the laundry over the rest of the week.
    There's a toilet in the garage as well, plus it's all insulated and she even has a heater, TV, internet, DVD player, electric blanket, etc.
    :what: OH YUCK! that's so not cool. I don't even want to know what the routine looks like when AF comes to visit!

I find it funny how we can have the same genetic makeup and upbringing as our brothers or sisters but we can have totally opposing standards and outlooks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS (1st bub) The most extreme were my parents...Mum was SO excited I honestly expected her to wet herself, she grinned like the cheshire cat for days! Dad ran around telling everyone..and by everyone I mean strangers on the street, in shops etc! "My daughter is pregnant! I'm going to be a grandpa! My whole family was excited.
    Ex's Mother "what will I tell my friends? And was then p!ssed off for days.

DD (#2) Pretty similar reaction from everyone! Dad was again extremely proud of HIMSELF for becoming a grandpa

This bub... loads and loads of excitement as we tried for 2 years and needed a little bit of help from Monash IVF Don't think anyone really believed she would arrive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When we announced my second pregnancy, my father suggested that perhaps we should give the baby to my aunt because she wasn't having any success conceiving with her new husband (they had been TTC for over two years at that point).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    when we announced my second pregnancy, my father suggested that perhaps we should give the baby to my aunt because she wasn't having any success conceiving with her new husband (they had been ttc for over two years at that point).
    omg!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we announced my second pregnancy, my father suggested that perhaps we should give the baby to my aunt because she wasn't having any success conceiving with her new husband (they had been TTC for over two years at that point).
    Say WHAT!!???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is he for real? O.M.G!!!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 18 when I fell pregnant with DS1 and I was a high achiever at school (albeit rebellious one) so the happy reactions were few and far between. I think the worst two were ex's mum who said:
    "ah f--k" and walked away.
    The other was one of my best friends who wasn't a fan of the father who said:
    "you know this is a bad thing right?"

Now pregnant with number 2 to a much more supportive partner and everyone has been over the moon (those who matter anyway!)

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    My MIL is a strange one, there's no doubt about her. She's never been one to show any positive emotion, telling her there's a grandchild coming is like telling her it's starting to rain outside...the reaction is pretty similar 'oh, okay.' I will never forget her reaction with DS though, and then for Mother's Day that year DH bought a frame and put a pic of our girls in it and a 3d pic of DS in utero in it and her response to that was 'oh yuck, why would you give me that for a present, I don't want to see that.' Another time she proceeded to tell me that my perfectly healthy, chubby BABY nephew was fat. 'Look at him, he is sooo fat. His legs are sooooo fat. He's so big, such a fat baby, he shouldn't be fat he is just a baby.'
    Needless to say hanging out with my MIL isn't high on my list of priorities!
    I feel so lucky that my MIL and I have such a wonderful relationship after reading about yours and a lot of other ladies on here. My mil law asked if she could keep some really bad screen print outs we got from our first attempt at a 3d scan, even though the baby kept moving and none of them were clear.

and to call a baby fat I can see why spending time with her wouldn't be a high priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    There are some weird people out there. It's like they say "You can't pick your family", but man! I wished sometimes I could! I guess every family has a skeleton or 2......

My sister is 4,5 years older than me, but when I'm asked if my sister is older or younger I usually say "Physically older, mentally younger"
    I would love to stay at my parents for a few weeks, but I'm sure they wouldn't be overly happy with that one lol. The longest I could last is 3-4 days maximum. It's not a big deal to her anyway. She only has a shower once a week and just "washes" herself in the laundry over the rest of the week.

But yes, I am shocked at some of the reactions you ladies have had from family members. Whether they are blood related or not, they should know better
    It really shocks me and saddens me to see some of the reactions people have recieved when announcing their pregnancies.

It's a shame you can't push your luck and stay there just to annoy your sister, but at the same time it sounds like she has some things she needs to work out for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    DS (1st bub) The most extreme were my parents...Mum was SO excited I honestly expected her to wet herself, she grinned like the cheshire cat for days! Dad ran around telling everyone..and by everyone I mean strangers on the street, in shops etc! "My daughter is pregnant! I'm going to be a grandpa! My whole family was excited.
    Ex's Mother "what will I tell my friends? And was then p!ssed off for days.

DD (#2) Pretty similar reaction from everyone! Dad was again extremely proud of HIMSELF for becoming a grandpa

This bub... loads and loads of excitement as we tried for 2 years and needed a little bit of help from Monash IVF Don't think anyone really believed she would arrive
    Awww your dad sounds adorable! my dad couldn't wipe the smile off his face either when we told them, and the day he got to feel the tummy monster move around and kick in my belly he had a look that i'd imagine someone would have if they'd just been told they'd won the lotto boo to your ex's mother though! what a selfish, silly thing to say!

Congratulations on your current girl bump! everyone must be so excited to meet her

was he serious?

Quote Originally Posted by LimeGiraffe View Post
    I was 18 when I fell pregnant with DS1 and I was a high achiever at school (albeit rebellious one) so the happy reactions were few and far between. I think the worst two were ex's mum who said:
    "ah f--k" and walked away.
    The other was one of my best friends who wasn't a fan of the father who said:
    "you know this is a bad thing right?"

Now pregnant with number 2 to a much more supportive partner and everyone has been over the moon (those who matter anyway!)
    wow. i'm sorry you didn't get the happy excited reaction your ds1 deserved congratulations!!!
    I'm glad you got a better reaction with number 2!