+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Actually my sisters reaction was something I expected, but was hoping she wouldn't say out loud to people. Her exact words to my mother, were:

"I am the older sister and I should have kids first. She is too young (I was 30yo) and is single too. Therefore she needs to abort, right now before it is too late!"

She has been saying this rubbish to all of our family and friends. She moved in with my parents a few weeks ago and now literately locks herself in her room when we come to visit for a few days. She does not want to see or hear DS and me
    Luckily for her she has a hotplate, a hot water jug and a toilet/laundry in the garage(where the spare bedroom is).
    That's really harsh. I agree with the PP that she sounds very jealous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Actually my sisters reaction was something I expected, but was hoping she wouldn't say out loud to people. Her exact words to my mother, were:

"I am the older sister and I should have kids first. She is too young (I was 30yo) and is single too. Therefore she needs to abort, right now before it is too late!"

She has been saying this rubbish to all of our family and friends. She moved in with my parents a few weeks ago and now literately locks herself in her room when we come to visit for a few days. She does not want to see or hear DS and me
    Luckily for her she has a hotplate, a hot water jug and a toilet/laundry in the garage(where the spare bedroom is).
    oh. my. gosh!!!! thats an absolute horrible thing to say and worse she's still on the envy bandwagon! I'm a firm believer in karma. What you put out you get back and then some!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My cousin: We will get by, a new baby makes everything better.
    My brother: Why? How? What do you mean?
    My mum: You know you will have to do it on your own?
    My father: You got a tattoo, now you are knocked up.
    My grandmother: You know you have to get married, don't you?

It was a totally unplanned pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It accidentally came out while eating my nieces bday cake ... Tasted off to me lol.... My sister said UR PREGNANT!!! my mother screwed up her face and sulked because I didn't tell her earlier ( she found out at 6 weeks) DH and i wanted to wait till we were 12 wks .Dad didn't say anything just drank his beer. They still haven't come round.. I am 21 weeks

BIL carried on for 10 min how stupid we are and how we are going to lose everything, How all women do when they get pregnant is quit work and become lazy.

SIL was over the moon, told me BIL was just jealous and not to worry about him :-)

PIL were worried - but happy :-)

I am 29 hubby is 36 we were trying... Have a combined income of around 300k I don't know what everyones problem is ... It hurs a lot when I see how excited my family were for my sister ( she was newly married and 20 when she started) and they can't even say congratulations to me

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by relle View Post
    With my first son, my dad who I was most scared of telling, straight up said 'you are keeping it, aren't you?' He was very excited and so was my mum and family and I was only 19 at the time. I thought they were going to go nuts at me!

I am no longer with my first sons dad and have since married and had another child.. When I announced that pregnancy, my parents were over the moon, his parents thought it was a bad idea and said that I needed to realize that my husbands career was more important than children and his mum offered to look up abortion clinics and get me into some counselling! I was like wtf?? about half way into the pregnancy they suddenly changed and were very excited about us having a baby.. They now think it's wonderful being grandparents!

With this pregnancy, everyone was super excited!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub
    It's so so lovely to hear that you have such support in your parents! It must have been so scary telling them at 19

I'm also glad that after her silly suggestion and comments that your in laws came around to the idea of being grandparents and you finally got the full on excited reaction with your current bump congratulations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Awww

Mine were anywhere from 'so should I say congratulations' to ' OMG CONGRATS I can't wait etc etc

Pretty common ones I assume!!
    Depends on who's saying should i say congrats?

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    My cousin: We will get by, a new baby makes everything better.
    My brother: Why? How? What do you mean?
    My mum: You know you will have to do it on your own?
    My father: You got a tattoo, now you are knocked up.
    My grandmother: You know you have to get married, don't you?

It was a totally unplanned pregnancy!
    - i'm sorry you didn't get any really excited reactions! the only person in there that sounds supportive is your cousin!
    Did anyone come around and get excited as the pregnancy progressed?

Congratulations on your DD

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post
    It accidentally came out while eating my nieces bday cake ... Tasted off to me lol.... My sister said UR PREGNANT!!! my mother screwed up her face and sulked because I didn't tell her earlier ( she found out at 6 weeks) DH and i wanted to wait till we were 12 wks .Dad didn't say anything just drank his beer. They still haven't come round.. I am 21 weeks

BIL carried on for 10 min how stupid we are and how we are going to lose everything, How all women do when they get pregnant is quit work and become lazy.

SIL was over the moon, told me BIL was just jealous and not to worry about him :-)

PIL were worried - but happy :-)

I am 29 hubby is 36 we were trying... Have a combined income of around 300k I don't know what everyones problem is ... It hurs a lot when I see how excited my family were for my sister ( she was newly married and 20 when she started) and they can't even say congratulations to me
    wow... your sil sounds lovely to be so excited, and i'm really sorry that the rest of your combined family reacted in such a strange way! and still fail to to be excited for you. I imagine your BIL has some interesting thought prosesses if he thinks a woman who stays at home with her baby is lazy.

Congratulations on your baby bump! do you know what you're having??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry swing For This Useful Post:

relle  (27-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    my close family have never really been happy for me... reactions: baby #1 oh... okay... and an unenthusiastic congratulations.
    baby #2 oh not again!
    baby #3 are you serious! :surprise:
    i can't imagine what they are going to say when we announce baby #4 in a couple years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow... your sil sounds lovely to be so excited, and i'm really sorry that the rest of your combined family reacted in such a strange way! and still fail to to be excited for you. I imagine your BIL has some interesting thought prosesses if he thinks a woman who stays at home with her baby is lazy.

Thanks

SIL is just so happy that her brother is happy :-) ( its true what they say... There is someone out there for every one lol--- no one in his family Eva thought he would get married let alone have kids lol ... I just love him to bits lol)

BIL got screwed over by his ex and mother of his two boys... Apparently all women are money hungry w****s

After a big heart to heart with a close mother figure I was reminded that I will have my own family soon and thats what matters :-) and they will come around and if they don't it's there loss xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My first two everyone was excited, over the moon <---like that.
    Third one was a surprise and I wasn't happy about it so from my family they were excited for me but didn't jump up and down cause they knew I wasn't excited. My IL's did the jump up and down thing which I hated because I just wasn't excited about it at all and didn't want to pretend to be. My MIL had the worst reaction possible, her response was 'oh no, not again. Give her a break' and shook her head in disgust.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Huni&Coco View Post
    my close family have never really been happy for me... reactions: baby #1 oh... okay... and an unenthusiastic congratulations.
    baby #2 oh not again!
    baby #3 are you serious! :surprise:
    i can't imagine what they are going to say when we announce baby #4 in a couple years.
    hopefully number 4 gets the reaction you deserve! I think i'd be really upset if my close family weren't happy or excited for us.
    Are they very involved with your kids? or get more excited leading up to a birth?

on all your bubbas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post

After a big heart to heart with a close mother figure I was reminded that I will have my own family soon and thats what matters :-) and they will come around and if they don't it's there loss xoxo
    Your close mother figure sounds like a very very smart woman enjoy your pregnancy and I really really hope they do come around, and if not, it's totally their loss!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Areca View Post
    My first two everyone was excited, over the moon <---like that.
    Third one was a surprise and I wasn't happy about it so from my family they were excited for me but didn't jump up and down cause they knew I wasn't excited. My IL's did the jump up and down thing which I hated because I just wasn't excited about it at all and didn't want to pretend to be. My MIL had the worst reaction possible, her response was 'oh no, not again. Give her a break' and shook her head in disgust.
    to what your MIL said!!!
    regardless of your feelings and thoughts on number 3, that is not anything you ever want to see of hear come from your MIL's mouth!

My FIL didn't have the best reaction to our angel baby pregnancy, but he never looked at me with disgust! and If he had even of tired I would have had no problems pointing out that his son was actually the one who wanted to start trying before our wedding...