+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    It sounds like you were surounded by support and excitement, even though you were going through a tough time! that's so wonderful!
    Your ds sounds like he's a lucky little man to have so much love around him
    Thankyou and Yes it definitely made a not so ideal situation easier.

And im so so very lucky DS has so much love. Thursdays are "nanny and poppy day" with my parents and friday is "nunna and nunno day" with ExDPs parents. This has happened every week from the time i returned to work.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

strawberry swing  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    you're very welcome! haha maybe she just couldn't get her head around the fact that name trends have totally moved on from Gary and Roger! i'm sure ds's name is perfect for him and just as 'manly' as her chosen few!
    - we decided to keep this little one's name a secret until we meet her and make sure she looks like her name. It's killing the grandma that bit me because she is DESPERATE to know, but we don't want anyone saying anything about her name that will put us off it. We love it and that's all that matters
    ... Are you going to tell her over the phone, or risk being bitten again?

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyOf2Sweeties View Post
    that sounds like my sister.
    1st one we lost they thought was eptopic so cut me open for no reason so that was hard.
    with DS DP's mother said, so what are you going to do? i said with what she said with the baby, i said keep it, what you expect me to do. she eventually got over it and loves him.
    DD. DPs mother had bout the same reaction. but i was preg the same time as DPs sister and they had tried for 6 mnths and only just conceived and everyone was way more excited about that.
    im dreading the next time (we are ttc again) DPs family hate me now (we separated and got back together) my family, well mum will be happy, dad will prob worry, my sister would react like above, but it will be a csection lol
    i'm sorry to hear that you had surgery when it wasn't required. and i'm sorry for your loss and for the reaction you got for both your ds and dd.
    i wish you all the luck and baby dust for number 3, and hopefully you get some very excited reactions when you do fall

5. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry swing For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylent View Post
    ... Are you going to tell her over the phone, or risk being bitten again?
    She will be told over the phone! I can't risk another biting ! lol

She told me last time I saw her that she was going to bite her cheeks, and I told her under no circumstance was she to put her teeth anywhere near our dd!!! even gently as she said she'd do so!!! we had a 3d scan done and dd has some very pinchable(sp) chubby cheeks, and she's been warned not to pinch them either. She thinks she's being gentle but she's really really rough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Actually my sisters reaction was something I expected, but was hoping she wouldn't say out loud to people. Her exact words to my mother, were:

"I am the older sister and I should have kids first. She is too young (I was 30yo) and is single too. Therefore she needs to abort, right now before it is too late!"

She has been saying this rubbish to all of our family and friends. She moved in with my parents a few weeks ago and now literately locks herself in her room when we come to visit for a few days. She does not want to see or hear DS and me
    Luckily for her she has a hotplate, a hot water jug and a toilet/laundry in the garage(where the spare bedroom is).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misschief that's terrible *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Actually my sisters reaction was something I expected, but was hoping she wouldn't say out loud to people. Her exact words to my mother, were:

"I am the older sister and I should have kids first. She is too young (I was 30yo) and is single too. Therefore she needs to abort, right now before it is too late!"

She has been saying this rubbish to all of our family and friends. She moved in with my parents a few weeks ago and now literately locks herself in her room when we come to visit for a few days. She does not want to see or hear DS and me
    Luckily for her she has a hotplate, a hot water jug and a toilet/laundry in the garage(where the spare bedroom is).
    Misschief. I don't know what's worse, that you expected that reaction, or that she actually came out and said that OR that she is that immature (sorry to call your sister that but to me that is) to actually lock herself in her room with a hotplate for days on end because you and your DS have gone to visit!

I'd probably stay there weeks on end if it was an option just to pi$s her off! haha she wouldn't be able to stay in there forever!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post

What a jealous b!tch! (No offence!) WOW If any of my siblings acted like that or said those words I would be so mad. That is discusting behaviour.

Least you dont have to see her though lol. Maybe a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my first son, my dad who I was most scared of telling, straight up said 'you are keeping it, aren't you?' He was very excited and so was my mum and family and I was only 19 at the time. I thought they were going to go nuts at me!

I am no longer with my first sons dad and have since married and had another child.. When I announced that pregnancy, my parents were over the moon, his parents thought it was a bad idea and said that I needed to realize that my husbands career was more important than children and his mum offered to look up abortion clinics and get me into some counselling! I was like wtf?? about half way into the pregnancy they suddenly changed and were very excited about us having a baby.. They now think it's wonderful being grandparents!

With this pregnancy, everyone was super excited!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using BubHub

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaxo View Post
    My grandad walked into the other room and cried! At first I was really upset thinking he didn't approve since he's pretty strict catholic and DF & I aren't married - but he just needed a moment since DD was his first grandchild and he was a bit sad that my grandma, his wife wasn't there to see DD born, and he was afraid he wouldn't make it to see her born too, he was

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Awww

Mine were anywhere from 'so should I say congratulations' to ' OMG CONGRATS I can't wait etc etc

Pretty common ones I assume!!