+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    i'm sorry to hear about your losses.
    I think what our parents say are sometimes the most hurtful, even though deep down we know that they are just trying to protect us and themselves. I'm glad she got excited by 18 weeks though and went on a little shopping spree!
    My dd has a wardobe FULL of clothes, I think i've bought about 6 items, and she has bought the rest! I have to keep reminding her we don't know how big she'll be at birth and she just says it doesn't matter because there will be a number 2 somewhere along the line...

what a bit*hy thing for your boss to do! It would have taken all my energy not to slap her! especially after you were so thoughtful and positive to her announcing her pregnancy at 8 weeks!!
    It looks like your bubba was a wonderful ef you to her comment
    congratulations on your DD she looks devine!
    Thanks
    I dont know what reaction I expected tbh, my mum is like that, shes pretty negative about everything. I had dd when I was 19 so I guess that might have had something to do with it.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using BubHub

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    When my ex and i told his parents his dad refused to talk to him for over a week and his mum rang my parents and told my mum to make me have an abortion. My mum and dad took it a bit better, offering us support with 'what ever we decided to do'. We kept DD and everyone came around in the end. my ex's mum still finds every chance possible to tell me how i made my life so much more difficult because of DD.
    I can't believe your ex's mother is STILL saying things about your DD!!! that's horrible. Is she very involved in your DD's life? or she just likes having digs at you? i'm sorry you had such negitivity from your ex's side, but i'm glad you had support from your parents.
    congratulations on your little girl

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKnight View Post
    I am (was) quite young, and dispite my smile and excitment when breaking the news to people, most of them asked 'had I decided what I was going to do yet' (abort or keep the baby)

It was quite sad really. DH and I had been trying for a long time.
    It bothers me that people are so judgemental towards young mums. I'm 29 this year, but I look like i'm about 20. The looks I get from the women in the suburb I work are hilarious! they look at my bump, and then look at my left hand to see if i have rings on! you don't have to be a certin age to be a great mum. grrrr
    Congratulations on your very wanted bubba

Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    My mum said "oh well, I guess you're old enough now". Thanks mum, for proving that you think I was going to be a teen mum. And for proving you have a judgement issues with young mums!

Everyone else was pretty much "meh".
    awww
    was she supportive after awhile? that's such let down of a reaction for something news that is so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe your ex's mother is STILL saying things about your DD!!! that's horrible. Is she very involved in your DD's life? or she just likes having digs at you? i'm sorry you had such negitivity from your ex's side, but i'm glad you had support from your parents.
    congratulations on your little girl
    She's in DDs life from a distance, only sees her a couple of times a year. My DD is everything to me and i think thats why his mum digs at me about DD, she knows that it's the one thing she can dig at that annoys me. She is still dealing with me having DD live with me and only see her dad every second weekend (5 years later :/)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by c2p08 View Post
    She's in DDs life from a distance, only sees her a couple of times a year. My DD is everything to me and i think thats why his mum digs at me about DD, she knows that it's the one thing she can dig at that annoys me. She is still dealing with me having DD live with me and only see her dad every second weekend (5 years later :/)
    To be honest it sounds like your DD is probably better off having her at a distance. Regardless of if things did or didn't work out between dd dad, that's her granddaughter!
    your DD sounds like a lucky little lady to have you

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest it sounds like your DD is probably better off having her at a distance. Regardless of if things did or didn't work out between dd dad, that's her granddaughter!
    your DD sounds like a lucky little lady to have you
    Thanks My DD is lucky we live 6 hours away from them definitly. but unfortunately we live within half hour of her idiot father...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out when ex and i had just broken up 2 weeks earlier. I told my mum while i was in tears. She was excited at the thought of being a 'nanna' then went into support mode as my relationship just ended and we didnt know if we were going to get back together.

ExDP and FOB told me his parents were as excited as they could have been considering the situation as they thought we were 'meant to be'

Both of mine and ExDPs family is apart of DSs life and adore him to pieces.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first two people i told besided dh was my sister who i rang and her reaction was "u do realise you are going to be pushing a human head out of your vagina?..."
    And my mum, who was out grocery shopping at the time i called her. This was her reaction:
    Me: "i'm 99% sure ......."
    Mum: "you got the job?!"
    Me: "....im pregnant!...."
    Mum: "....*silence*.......hang on i have to sit down, im out shopping.....ok, now say that again?...."
    Me: "im gonna have a baby!"
    Mum: "I cant think right now, i'll have to call you back when i get home..."
    30mis later....mum calls me back.
    Mum: "oh my god i forgot half the shopping, i just couldnt think about anything so i came home to ring you......what...how....but.....Oh darling im so happy!"

LOL

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nice piece of crumpet For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (15-05-2012),jmiller  (13-06-2012),Luvmydogs  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    I found out when ex and i had just broken up 2 weeks earlier. I told my mum while i was in tears. She was excited at the thought of being a 'nanna' then went into support mode as my relationship just ended and we didnt know if we were going to get back together.

ExDP and FOB told me his parents were as excited as they could have been considering the situation as they thought we were 'meant to be'

Both of mine and ExDPs family is apart of DSs life and adore him to pieces.
    It sounds like you were surounded by support and excitement, even though you were going through a tough time! that's so wonderful!
    Your ds sounds like he's a lucky little man to have so much love around him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nice piece of crumpet View Post
    The first two people i told besided dh was my sister who i rang and her reaction was "u do realise you are going to be pushing a human head out of your vagina?..."
    And my mum, who was out grocery shopping at the time i called her. This was her reaction:
    Mum: "....*silence*.......hang on i have to sit down, im out shopping.....ok, now say that again?...."
    Mum: "oh my god i forgot half the shopping, i just couldnt think about anything so i came home to ring you......what...how....but.....Oh darling im so happy!"

LOL
    lol!!
    Sisters are pretty good at pointing out things that you're trying not to think about!

And that's so cute about your mum! even if she did forget half her shopping lol totally worth a second trip

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nice piece of crumpet View Post

LOL
    that sounds like my sister.
    1st one we lost they thought was eptopic so cut me open for no reason so that was hard.
    with DS DP's mother said, so what are you going to do? i said with what she said with the baby, i said keep it, what you expect me to do. she eventually got over it and loves him.
    DD. DPs mother had bout the same reaction. but i was preg the same time as DPs sister and they had tried for 6 mnths and only just conceived and everyone was way more excited about that.
    im dreading the next time (we are ttc again) DPs family hate me now (we separated and got back together) my family, well mum will be happy, dad will prob worry, my sister would react like above, but it will be a csection lol