+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I rang my mother to tell her I was pregnant, I was sort-of prepared for a negative reaction. I had been married before, then separated (divorce in the process), and they had never met my new partner, although we had been together for almost a year and friends for double that. I said to my mother "guess what?" and she said "you're pregnant". I laughed and said that I was, actually. She was silent and then asked "how the hell did that happen?". I offered to draw her a picture

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    She was born by that stage, but I haven't spoken to my dad since. He hasn't even met her, lucky for DD2
    Haha my dad hasnt met either of my girls. I think they are lucky as well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Missemzy For This Useful Post:

Guest1234  (14-05-2012)

StretchmarkBarbie is offline Senior Member
    Winner 2009- Best Username Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When I told my friend about this pregnancy she asked if I wanted a lift to the clinic

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was 16 with ds1 (17 when he was born) and I had no clue until a routine test before having the implanon rod put in. I was at the family gps and my mum and little sister were in the waiting room. I was stunned. Made him do 2 more before I believed it. Then I explained my mum would flip her lid and asked if he could tell her. He did. I swear if we weren't there it would have turned physical! Then right up until I was 20 something weeks she was pushing every single day for an abortion!!!!! Even knowing the baby was a boy (she can't have boys) then after he was born she refused to even hold him for weeks. Not once has she ever had him for more than 30 minutes without me being in the house with her!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilybean View Post
    Ive never had anyone excited about my pregnancies besides me. I was young and everyone hated my fiance at the time so it was all 'oh's' and things never excited. Of course they all love my kiddies now I guess i just would have liked some happy omg's and crying.
    i'm sorry that you never got the happy tears and the excitement. Did they give you the happy tears after your babies were born?
    congratulations on your gorgeous little bubbas!

Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    My mum came around to the idea of dd1 when I was about 20weeks in. But she got much more excited towards the end and became alot more helpful.

hehe yay dd1 feeling the excitement lol
    *phew* i'm glad she got there before dd1 was born! i think it would hurt a lot to have your mum say those things and then not be excited closer to the end.

it's SO excting that you had dd1 even my little tiny human is moving around in excitement

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTulips View Post
    My DF's grandmother replied with "But you're aborting it though, aren't you?"

Needless to say I don't speak nicely to this woman when I do *have* to speak to her
    Im so so sorry you had that reaction! i don't blame you on not speaking nicely to her at all, I think my fil would have said the same thing to me if dh and I's wedding wasn't coming up with our first pregnancy - he has a very old school way of thinking. I hope you had other support and excitement from everyone else

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    I find it hard to believe you would announce your pregnancy like that in front of others other than your husband if you were considering an abortion? I think this is one of those things that has been said for shock value.
    I didn't think it was inappropriate to say in front of others; I'd just been dignosed with a severe illness and was taking medication that caused high rates of very bad birth defects. Everyone in the room knew this and it had already been discussed that if I was to get pregnant accidently, I would terminate rather than risk a child who might suffer for it for the rest of their lives, or not even be born alive at all.

They assumed I'd feel differently if I actually found out I was pregnant, and I didn't. I wasn't going to sneak back later and ask about terminations without letting them know that was still my intention; I was going to have it straight out that I had not changed my mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had been with my partner for 8 years, I'm a very organized person and like to plan things.
    My family was absolutely over the moon - my sister in law (awful woman who no one likes) asked me if it was planned. Just felt like a kick in the guts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DS I took a bottle of wine over to my Mum and Dads and told Mum she would have to skip me one tonight' when she asked why I told her! She hugged me immediately, my Dad shook DH's hand and then she let go and said "We are excited right?!".. I think she was in shock (it was planned lol!) and she just wanted to make sure I was ok!

2nd pregnancy I told her whilst she was on the toilet!! Awkward I know! I didnt realise that was what she was doing! I had the pregnancy test in my hand. Unfortunately that pregnancy was an ectopic. So my 3rd pregnancy announcement was very low key, my mum was cautiously excited but seeing as we had only had the ectopic 3 months before and we found out SUPER early I everyone was a little scared for us. It kinda sucked, I wanted the hugs and excitment because I was freaking myself and it would of helped, sucked even more when SIL announced her pregnancy 10 weeks later and got exactly the reaction I had wanted!

I'm 15 weeks now though and my mum & dad are obsessed (again) with bub!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My pregnancy was far from planned, but my dp and I have been together a long time, not married though. When we told my family, they all literally jumped out of their chairs and applauded! My grandmother burst in to tears! I was extremely shocked and overwhelmingly happy with their reaction, especially as I knew my grandmother would have liked us to be married first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post

Im so so sorry you had that reaction! i don't blame you on not speaking nicely to her at all, I think my fil would have said the same thing to me if dh and I's wedding wasn't coming up with our first pregnancy - he has a very old school way of thinking. I hope you had other support and excitement from everyone else
    Thank you for your kind words My parents were so excited and happy, DF's side, excited but shocked, but so was everyone as it wasn't planned....at all. But, now that she's 10mths, everyone just loves her socks off! ^_^