+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I said to my Mum "what do you prefer, Nanna or Grandma? " she respond with "you're not pregnant are you?" it wasn't a planned pregnancy so I don't think either of us knew what to say. It wasn't a joyous occasion to tell the truth.. But of course they love DS to death now (he's 5 in Nov)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    I sent a text to my dad when I was pregnant with DD2, he just replied with 'are we going to see this one more?' then months later I brought it up with him an he said to me "What did you want me to say? Congratulations, you had sex. Lots of people have sex and create a baby, it's no accomplishment."
    My mouth truly gaped reading that

I just had regular excited reactions. Especially second time around cause first one was a miscarriage.

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Missemzy View Post
    Haha oh wow!

My first everyone was a bit WTH about it. My mum was telling me I have two choices to keep it or to abort it. She said I could never give a child away its that hardest thing in the world to do. (She knows because she has been through the adoption process to adopt my brother at birth.) So she was a b!tch about it. She kept asking what am I going to do. She b!tched to her friends. She made it VERY clear how upset she was. DP mother was shocked but more understanding. My dad disowned me completely and said some really discusting harsh things about me.

DD2 everyone was happy and excited.

No one went crazy and jumped all over the place or bit me though lol.
    Im sorry that your first announcement didn't go so well for you but i'm glad you had at least a little bit of support from your dp's mum. Did your mum start to come around when DD1 was born?

I can jump around and get excited for dd1 if you like? 33 week bump and all
    on DD1!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive never had anyone excited about my pregnancies besides me. I was young and everyone hated my fiance at the time so it was all 'oh's' and things never excited. Of course they all love my kiddies now I guess i just would have liked some happy omg's and crying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    Im sorry that your first announcement didn't go so well for you but i'm glad you had at least a little bit of support from your dp's mum. Did your mum start to come around when DD1 was born?

I can jump around and get excited for dd1 if you like? 33 week bump and all
    on DD1!!!
    My mum came around to the idea of dd1 when I was about 20weeks in. But she got much more excited towards the end and became alot more helpful.

hehe yay dd1 feeling the excitement lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF's grandmother replied with "But you're aborting it though, aren't you?"

Needless to say I don't speak nicely to this woman when I do *have* to speak to her

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    Mine was the unexpected reaction.

DH and his mum burst into happy tears and hugged each other, and at the same time I asked if there was a doctor who did terminations at the clinic.

That was an awkward ride home.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I said to my Mum "what do you prefer, Nanna or Grandma? " she respond with "you're not pregnant are you?" it wasn't a planned pregnancy so I don't think either of us knew what to say. It wasn't a joyous occasion to tell the truth.. But of course they love DS to death now (he's 5 in Nov)

***Sent from my phone***
    I'm glad they love your DS to death now, i'm sorry you didn't get the happy reaction for him though, my in laws weren't too impressed with out first pregnancy either we were not not trying and didn't expect to fall right away.... there was a lot of awkward silence after we told them, but that pregnancy ended in missed m/c.

Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    My grandmother asked my dad if I was going to take care of 'it' when he told her I was pregnant.
    I sent a text to my dad when I was pregnant with DD2, he just replied with 'are we going to see this one more?' then months later I brought it up with him an he said to me "What did you want me to say? Congratulations, you had sex. Lots of people have sex and create a baby, it's no accomplishment."
    Like angewah i'm a little bit stunned at that reaction I would have totally lost it if someone said that to me, and just to be spiteful I wouldn't tell them when she's born either.

Quote Originally Posted by angewah View Post
    My mouth truly gaped reading that

I just had regular excited reactions. Especially second time around cause first one was a miscarriage.
    sorry for your loss. I lost my first pregnancy too. I was so scared to tell anyone about this one, but we got a good strong hb at our dating scan at 5w6d so we told immediate family who were all over the moon for us following our loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry swing View Post
    Like angewah i'm a little bit stunned at that reaction I would have totally lost it if someone said that to me, and just to be spiteful I wouldn't tell them when she's born either.
    She was born by that stage, but I haven't spoken to my dad since. He hasn't even met her, lucky for DD2

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nana called me a stupid girl and asked if I was pregnant to 'that idiot you married'. Broke my heart.

Then she told me DS's name was stupid and I would regret it when he hates me for choosing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    One of my old bosses text me and literally called me a f***ing idiot and that I was ruining my life.
    My stepmum was concerned we weren't married but other than that everyone was excited.
    That relationship didn't last and he has nothing to do with them.

Second time around everyone has been very excited, MIL screamed lol.