+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default unexpected reactions to pregnancy announcements

We told my grandparents we were 13 weeks pregnant on christmas day last year. I was standing behind one of my grandmothers... As soon as she stopped screaming, she bit me, twice. Hard enough to leave a mark for a few days.

When I asked her why she did it, she just said she didn't know how else to express her absolutle joy of becoming a great grandma...

What completely unexpected reaction did you get when you shared your happy news?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Wow that's very strange! At least she was happy!

My SIL's reaction was a bit odd. After we told her she said "I know" (no congratulations or anything) and then she told my DH "you know she'll poo in front of you".

I restrained from giving the same reaction when she told us she was pregnant.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (14-05-2012),MyLittleLilacTree  (14-05-2012),pinkplease3  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    English is her second language, which she is very good at, but sometimes for attention she pretends she doesn't know how to use her english words. She said she couldn't say in english what she wanted to say.. but yes, apparently it was a happy bite! haha

That is a really strange reaction from your sil! has she had her baby? I'd probably have walked into see her at hospital and ask really loudly if she poo'd in front of her other half

Thanks
    Reviews
    My grandad walked into the other room and cried! At first I was really upset thinking he didn't approve since he's pretty strict catholic and DF & I aren't married - but he just needed a moment since DD was his first grandchild and he was a bit sad that my grandma, his wife wasn't there to see DD born, and he was afraid he wouldn't make it to see her born too, he was

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My parents basically listed "my options" giving birth was not on the list, I was 17 it was a huge shock, but they love ds and wouldn't change it for the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On April fools this year I rang mum and said 'guess what? I'm pregnant'

Her reaction was a very dramatic 'oh no!'

I laughed so much but I still don't know why that was her reaction!

Then we found out a week and a half ago that I actually am pregnant lol!
    She took it a lot better this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellaxo View Post
    My grandad walked into the other room and cried! At first I was really upset thinking he didn't approve since he's pretty strict catholic and DF & I aren't married - but he just needed a moment since DD was his first grandchild and he was a bit sad that my grandma, his wife wasn't there to see DD born, and he was afraid he wouldn't make it to see her born too, he was

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Awww I got a bit teary then! that's adorable, and a little bit sad that he thought he wouldn't get to meet her! I'm glad he got met your DD
    This is my second pregnancy, I fell pregnant just before our wedding last year and my father in law pulled me aside and asked me when I planned to announce 'the situation', as I would have been 12 weeks on our wedding day... My dh had a fit when I told him what he'd done. Sadly the first pregnancy ended in a missed mc.

He was a lot happier when we told them about this one - probably because we were married....

Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    My parents basically listed "my options" giving birth was not on the list, I was 17 it was a huge shock, but they love ds and wouldn't change it for the world.
    I'm glad they love your ds, and I can't even imagine how hard it would have been for you to tell them at 17, and then not to follow through with any of their suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    On April fools this year I rang mum and said 'guess what? I'm pregnant'

Her reaction was a very dramatic 'oh no!'

I laughed so much but I still don't know why that was her reaction!

Then we found out a week and a half ago that I actually am pregnant lol!
    She took it a lot better this time!
    lol, i'm glad she took the second announcement much better than the first!!! -
    With this pregnancy we waited until we had a scan with a hb before we told our parents, and when I went to tell my mum it was really early in the morning. She asked what I was doing there so early on a saturday so I just said oh I found out today that I have 2 heart beats. My dad clicked right away and my mum was going on for ages about how normal it was and heart palpitations happen sometimes ect... I had to stop her and say no, one in my chest and one in my tummy. She was stunned, but so so so excited

9. The Following User Says Thank You to strawberry swing For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (14-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha oh wow!

My first everyone was a bit WTH about it. My mum was telling me I have two choices to keep it or to abort it. She said I could never give a child away its that hardest thing in the world to do. (She knows because she has been through the adoption process to adopt my brother at birth.) So she was a b!tch about it. She kept asking what am I going to do. She b!tched to her friends. She made it VERY clear how upset she was. DP mother was shocked but more understanding. My dad disowned me completely and said some really discusting harsh things about me.

DD2 everyone was happy and excited.

No one went crazy and jumped all over the place or bit me though lol.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was the unexpected reaction.

DH and his mum burst into happy tears and hugged each other, and at the same time I asked if there was a doctor who did terminations at the clinic.

That was an awkward ride home.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (14-05-2012),Shoopuf  (15-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My grandmother asked my dad if I was going to take care of 'it' when he told her I was pregnant.
    I sent a text to my dad when I was pregnant with DD2, he just replied with 'are we going to see this one more?' then months later I brought it up with him an he said to me "What did you want me to say? Congratulations, you had sex. Lots of people have sex and create a baby, it's no accomplishment."